Christmas food treats- recipes please

Page 1 / 3
courtney2004, Dec 4, 4:38am
I make 250 normally tarts for my relations however now I am wanting to make a change from that this year. Does anyone have ideas on what I could make? something that is possible to post would be great and something that does not take for ever to make!

Many thanks in advanced

chrisynz, Dec 4, 5:24am
truffles. bilinis-topped with cream cheese and salmon,

alebix, Dec 4, 9:19am
truffles

coconut ice

fudge

rocky road

courtney2004, Dec 4, 9:43am
Hi, I like the idea of Truffles! I wonder how I get that many broken biscuits from!!! Its my way of showing the love to all my cousins etc I don't get to see them often some have not seen for 5years but I still respect they are family and with all this earthquake business in ChCh they have been sending us baking and also a voucher to spend a night away in the north island and another cousin sent airplace tickets - so much love I must not let this year pass by!

js4sj, Dec 4, 10:03pm
What a wonderful idea I could do that myself but would be wanting something christmas themed really as truffles can be just any time sort of thing I guess. I would not have the time to make the tarts and anyway someone else does these in the family! I would be looking at making 120 of what ever and put them in little boxes and giftwrap cutie!!

rainrain1, Dec 4, 10:42pm
Make yo-yo's from Edmonds book, but add a few chopped green or red glazed cherries (or both) to mixture. Join together with pink icing

uli, Dec 5, 12:40am
Smoked salmon on cucumber slices with cream cheese.

buzzy110, Dec 5, 2:10am
Sounds yum uli but sadly probably not the sort of thing that posts very well.

buzzy110, Dec 5, 2:23am
Small Xmas cakes

A selection of biscuits such as Xmas Tree shaped shortbread, Anzac biscuits, Sante biscuits, etc.

djbryant, Dec 5, 3:27am
White Christmas, shortbread, I have just made Strawberry Jam, Mixed Berry jam and Plum Jam for christmas gifts.

juliewn, Dec 5, 1:54pm
Add some chopped cherries to truffles, and maybe make them look like little Christmas Puddings, as mallowpuff biscuits are sometimes decorated.. dip the shaped truffle into melted chocolate, and place on baking paper to set.

Use some melted white chocolate to place a small amount on the top of the truffle - to look like snow.. then place a glace cherry half or a red pebble/smarties lolly on that.. = Christmas truffles..

nanberrie, Dec 5, 8:20pm
you can buy biscuit crumbs from bin in

bellyatobhs, Dec 5, 8:58pm
I just made some plum pudding truffles with melted white chocolate on top they look really cool, instead on cherries on top i used cut up red and green soft lollies, they look and taste great.

stejo, Dec 5, 10:04pm
Cranberry & Pistachio slice is great and looks really chrismasy being red and green, I use the recipe below -
http://www.annabel-langbein.com/kitchen_recipe_view.php?cid=26&rid=136

Its a great base and you can just add to it what you like.

clair4, Dec 6, 3:59am
I love the dark chocolate rocky road with pink and white marshmallows and greed and red cherries.So colourful when cut from a roll and all the nice colours showing.Very very tasty also.

clair4, Dec 6, 4:00am
sorry that should read green and red cherries.The greed comes when you eat.

rainrain1, Dec 6, 4:16am
I put chopped glazed cherries in my sugar buns as well as sultanas today :-) They look real pretty

uli, Dec 6, 6:58am
bump for more Christmas food treats.

bubbles22222, Dec 7, 5:34am
Dont want to hijack this thread, but how long b4 xmas day would you make fudge and coconut ice?

rainrain1, Dec 7, 5:41am
a week maybe, it probably keeps really well if packaged properly

frogz99, Dec 7, 7:29am
Make truffles, roll into small balls, chill, dip into milk/dark choccy then when set pour a little melted white choccy on the top and top with bits of red and green cherries.They look like mini christmas puddings. Yummy :-)

courtney2004, Dec 4, 4:38am
I make 250 normally tarts for my relations however now I am wanting to make a change from that this year. Does anyone have ideas on what I could make! something that is possible to post would be great and something that does not take for ever to make!

Many thanks in advanced

courtney2004, Dec 4, 9:43am
Hi, I like the idea of Truffles! I wonder how I get that many broken biscuits from! Its my way of showing the love to all my cousins etc I don't get to see them often some have not seen for 5years but I still respect they are family and with all this earthquake business in ChCh they have been sending us baking and also a voucher to spend a night away in the north island and another cousin sent airplace tickets - so much love I must not let this year pass by!

js4sj, Dec 4, 10:03pm
What a wonderful idea I could do that myself but would be wanting something christmas themed really as truffles can be just any time sort of thing I guess. I would not have the time to make the tarts and anyway someone else does these in the family! I would be looking at making 120 of what ever and put them in little boxes and giftwrap cutie!

rainrain1, Dec 4, 10:42pm
Make yo-yo's from Edmonds book, but add a few chopped green or red glazed cherries (or both) to mixture. Join together with pink icing