Very easy Xmas treats

mzm, Dec 9, 8:20pm
Baking for the non-baker recipes much appreciated!

mzm, Dec 9, 8:42pm
Thank you they are all fabulous and unfortunately completely beyond my skill base! Emphasis on the very easy please!

bridget107, Dec 9, 9:08pm

bridget107, Dec 9, 9:09pm

mzm, Dec 9, 10:00pm
Thank you that's my level!

daleaway, Dec 9, 11:25pm
They run to a type.
Here's my all-purpose recipe for that type of "cooking":

1Bash up some-pre-cooked commercial biscuits of one type or another. You choose.
2Add something else, in the quantities you like. Dried fruit, choc bits, chopped nuts, small confectionery etc.
3 Stick it all together with a) melted butter, or b) condensed milk, or c) melted chocolate, or d) all three.
4 Flatten it in a slice tray and add even more sweet stuff on top eg melted chocolate, or icing. Or, roll it into balls and coat them with more melted chocolate, or roll them in coconut or chopped nuts or powdered drinking chocolate.

The quantities are immaterial. You need just enough of the sticky stuff to stick the concoction together. The principle seems to be that you start the process with something that someone else has already cooked, which of course leads to the unthinkable thought - why not just serve THAT in the first place!

Yes, I am smiling.

mzm, Dec 10, 12:29am
LOVE IT!
Definitely my kinda cookin' cheers!

elliehen, Dec 10, 12:40am
And you can dress up the mallowpuff to make a "Christmas Pudding" by drizzling a little melted white chocolate overtop and putting on a piece of glace red cherry and a sliver of green.

sarahb5, Dec 10, 8:30am
This fudge is so easy even I can make it - last year I did 1/3 dried cranberries and 2/3 pistachios for a more Christmassy effect

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-pistachio-fudge-96

nunesy, Dec 12, 7:03pm
I tried that fudge, was excited cos it looked amazing and hey if it's Nigella's it must taste fab too. but it turned out the consistency of dough. was very disappointed as the ingredients aren't cheap.Any ideas of what might have gone wrong, I followed the recipe exactly, because of the cost.

sam284, Dec 12, 7:14pm
Google Nigellas Mini Christmas Puddings, Im hoping to make these because they look reasonably unthreatening!

sam284, Dec 12, 7:14pm
Google Nigellas Mini Christmas Puddings, Im hoping to make these because they look reasonably unthreatening!Edited to add link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachwarwick/4193051299/

sarahb5, Dec 13, 5:24am
Mine was delicious but I did have to keep it in the freezer as being summer at Christmas time it did melt pretty quickly.I like chewy fudge though so it was perfect for me.

I have a recipe for Baileys Truffles which look pretty easy too - would you like it!

sarahb5, Dec 13, 5:24am
I have made those before but it wasn't a Nigella recipe I don't think

kcak, Dec 13, 5:26am
I would love a Baileys recipe please!

sarahb5, Dec 13, 5:31am
BAILEYS TRUFFLES

¾ cup thickened cream
275g milk chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsps butter, cut into pieces
2 blocks of chocolate for dipping
Small bar of different coloured chocolate for decorating
2 – 4 Tbsps Baileys

Put cream in a pot and bring to the boil over a moderate heat.Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate, butter and Baileys stirring until melted.Leave to cool in the fridge overnight (or in the freezer if you’re short of time).Form the hardened mixture into teaspoon sized balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper.Leave in freezer until very hard.Once solid dip into melted chocolate using a chocolate dipper and leave out until chocolate has set.Drizzle with melted different coloured chocolate to decorate.

tjman, Dec 13, 5:35am
My daughter-in-lawgot a packet of mallow puffs, melted some white chocolate, put a lttle on the top of the puff, then decorated it with red and green cherry thingies.It looked so cute.

flier3, Dec 13, 8:09pm
I just bought a packet of mini (I'm into mini anything this year!) mallow puffs and plan to do a plain white icing with red and green cherry bits on top.

vinee, Dec 13, 11:11pm
AH, yes, I know it as tim tam truffles. You can use any choccy bikkies.
and I'll add:
homemade bounty bars/ balls.
1 cup coconut,
2 tbls. icing sugar,
condensed milk as needed,
200g chocolate dark or milk.
Mix everything together with enough condensed milk to make a paste. Shape into pieces and chill for 15 mins. Dip in melted chocolate and leave to set.

sherrie, Dec 14, 7:25pm
On the mallowpuff I dip the top into the melted white chocolate then put a spearmint leaf lollie and a jaffa on it.Looks really cool!And everyone loves lollies.Not alot of people like cherries.