Sausage meat

pericles, Nov 22, 8:11pm
son (butcher) has bought home heaps of sausage meat.

Hit me with some ideas please

pericles, Nov 22, 8:18pm
thanks knew i should have done a search first

bisloy, Nov 22, 11:35pm
Form into balls and put in sprayed cassarole dish. Over the top put chopped onion into thin rings, tomato paste, tin of crushed pineapple or pineapple pieces, tin of tomatoes, gravy mix and a slop of vinegar. Bake with the lid on until starting to bubble, stir and return to the oven. Take the lid off for the last 10 mins (as mixture starts to bubble) and serve with spuds, beans and carrots. Sweet and Sour Meatballs. My kids love it, because a let them make it.

gavin166, Nov 23, 12:03am
Meatloaf!
Breadcrumbs, minced (real!) meat, eggs, herbs... bacon wrapped maybe... whizz colourful veges in blender for a moment and add them (even frozen stir-fry mixes). Yum!
Season as to whim... smoked paprika and mushies for Spanish style, dill and capers for Scandinavian... whatever takes your fancy!
We usually end up with two, which cover two meals and a batch of sarnies the next day.

iriegirl, Nov 23, 1:22am
x1
Here's a easy one, mix 1 packet of sausage meat with one finely chopped onion, 2-3 cloves finely chopped or crushed garlic and form into golf ball sized balls, put in medium sized oven proof dish then mix a packet of oxtail soup according to packet instructions and pour over meatballs, cover and cook at 180 C for one hour. Serve with loads of mash to soak up the delicous gravy thats cooked down with the meatballs. Don't be too put off by the flavour of the soup mix, I wouldn't eat oxtails either but this is seriously good!

pericles, Nov 23, 1:23am
That'sdinner sorted, thank you

pericles, Nov 23, 1:26am
iriegirl

do you not crumb them first?

iriegirl, Nov 23, 1:37am
No need to crumb pericles just roll them up and put in your dish!

pericles, Nov 23, 1:39am
thank you once again

lythande1, Nov 23, 2:50am
Freezer

iriegirl, Nov 23, 3:03am
pericles I had to hunt for this but I assure you its worth it! You can do a half and half with this eg half mince/half sausage meat but i like this with just the sausage meat! And its seriously tasty!
Cajan meatloaf
• 2 Whole bay leaves
• 1 T salt
• 1 t cayenne pepper
• 1 t black pepper
• 1/2 t ground cumin
• 1/2 t ground nutmeg
• 4 T butter
• 1 C finely chopped onion
• 1/2 C f celery finely chopped
• 1/2 C finely chopped bell pepper
• 1/4 C chopped spring onions
• 2 t of minced garlic
• 1 T tabasco sauce
• 1 T worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 C milk
• ½ C tomato sauce
• 2 packets sausage meat
• 2 eggs lighthy beaten
• 1 cup very fine dry bread crumbs
______________________________-
Combine bay leaves, salt, cayenne, black pepper, cumin and nutmeg in small bowl and set aside. Melt butter in pan and add onions, celery, bell pepper, spring onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add Tabasco, Worcestershire and seasoning mix, cook a further 2 minutes then add milk and tomato sauce and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat.Putsausage meat in large bowl and add eggs,breadcrumbs and cooked spice/vege mixture. Place into greased loaf tin and cook for 1hr at 180 C. Serve warm or cold with a green salad.

littleblackhen, Nov 23, 3:23am
What about good old homemade sausage rolls,sausage meat and pastry,cut to size required and brush with an egg that's been whisked up.

tipsy_bl0nde, Nov 23, 6:22am
scotch eggs maybe?

dbab, Nov 23, 6:48am
I grate an apple and an onion into it, and then add some chopped parsley and a bit of curry powder to taste. Form into rissoles and fry until done.

pericles, Nov 23, 8:11pm
This went down a treat. Thank you

iriegirl, Aug 31, 2:40am
You are welcome :)