Has anyone ever made bolognaise with sausage meat

benandgabby, Jul 24, 3:36am
if so was it nice

margyr, Jul 24, 3:48am
no, but i have made meat balls and spag sauce to go with them similar to my boly sauce.

karenz, Jul 24, 3:56am
It would be much too slimy, as margyr said meatballs with a red sauce would be the best option.

greerg, Jul 24, 6:21am
I think it would be a pinkish red sludge since sauasge meat is much more finely minced than beef mince.Definitely meat balls if at all.

motorbo, Jul 24, 6:22am
no but lentils are cheaper and healthier andf make a mean boly sauce

benandgabby, Jul 24, 9:29am
i use to have recipe inuk where squeezed the meat out of sausages, to make bolagnaise, so though might kind of work but will try meatballs, anything else i can make with it, its fresh from farm not brought.

wasgonna, Jul 24, 9:41am
The above are talking about real food.

margyr, Jul 24, 6:10pm
other things you can make with it?? I add onions, breadcrumbs, pickle, shape them into sausages, or rissoles, breadcrumb again and cook in the fry pan with a tiny bit of oil. If you like mixed herbs add them too. Homemade sausage rolls, sausage meat, some slices of bread soaked in water, onions, mush this altogether, put into a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off and pipe onto pastry paint along edge with egg wash roll over and cut, put some slices in the top of the roll, cut to size and cook. You can put cheese slices and plum sauce on top of the sausage meat before rolling. Flatten out the sausage meat on a bed of breadcrumbs to stop it sticking, put a thin layer of grated carrot, cheese, onion, anything else you fancy, and then with wet fingers roll it all up and then shape into a loaf and bake in the oven.

allviv, Jul 24, 6:44pm
In a bowl grate 2 med kumera,1 onion,1 apple add1 cup grated cheese
freshly ground black pepper, add 3 or 4 eggs to mixture.
Line a quiche or similar oven proof dish with the sausage meat then put the topping over.
bake 180c 40 mins
Nice hot with vegs or cold sliced for sandwiches. enjoy!

wasgonna, Jul 25, 9:41am
The above are talking about real food.

margyr, Jul 25, 6:10pm
other things you can make with it! I add onions, breadcrumbs, pickle, shape them into sausages, or rissoles, breadcrumb again and cook in the fry pan with a tiny bit of oil. If you like mixed herbs add them too. Homemade sausage rolls, sausage meat, some slices of bread soaked in water, onions, mush this altogether, put into a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off and pipe onto pastry paint along edge with egg wash roll over and cut, put some slices in the top of the roll, cut to size and cook. You can put cheese slices and plum sauce on top of the sausage meat before rolling. Flatten out the sausage meat on a bed of breadcrumbs to stop it sticking, put a thin layer of grated carrot, cheese, onion, anything else you fancy, and then with wet fingers roll it all up and then shape into a loaf and bake in the oven.

greerg, Jul 26, 4:45am
Meat loaf (half mince, half suasage meat) .Sausage en-croute (or giant sausage roll used a roll of flakey pastry and 500 grms of sausage meat to which has been added finely diced onion, tomato paste, herbs of choice, fresh breadcrumbs or potato flakes and an egg.Make diagonal cuts in the outside thirds of the pastry roll.Arrange the meat along te centre third then plait the side pieces over it.Glaze with egg yolk and water and sprinkle with poppy seeds or place a line of caramelised onion along the middle.Bake at 180 C until golden.Serve in slices with a favourite sauce.

guest, Mar 21, 10:10pm
This was nice. Its very good and heartening to see young folks and cgleloe going youth assume moral and social responsibility for the specially abled. I really encourage this. The important thing here to note is that such matters need to be highlighted in proper media to create the right pitch such that these youngsters works get highlighted and spoken about. Let me know if I can do anything for this and would be more than glad to associate with Srinija and Shravya on this benevolent service initiative.Regards,Santhu !!(Santosh Ramakrishnan)VA:F [1.9.17_1161]please wait...VA:F [1.9.17_1161](from 0 votes)