Sausage meat

owl32, Jan 1, 8:53am
i make patties with spring onion , an egg, herbs, salt and pepper and cheese .. I coat them and pan fry. real yum!!

fruitluva2, Jan 1, 9:02am
Spreadwith seasoned sausage meat on a flat dish, can a put layer of tomato/ bbq sauce,then peas/ m-veggies, or layers of any veggies ending with mashed potato. Add some grated cheese and bake.

evebee, Jan 1, 9:17pm
Family Meat Roll
2lb[Use 2 packs] sausage meat, 1 cup grated apple, 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, 2 finely chopped onions, 1/2 cup grated cheese, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pinch of pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 beaten egg, 1 teaspoon curry powder.
place meat between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper. Roll out into an oblong 1/2 inch thick. Remove top sheet. mix all other ingredientstogether and spread over sausage meat.continue........

evebee, Jan 1, 9:21pm
Family Meat Loaf continued...
Roill up carefully from the long side and then wrap in tinfoil. Place in a lightly greased baking dish and bake 1 hour in a moderate oven. Unwrap the tinfoil during last 1/2 hour . Serve hot or cold.
This is loveky and looks super on a plate with tomatoes and hard bolied sggsto take when you have to take a plate.

whiskey13, Jan 2, 1:17am
I got given 2 packets of sausage meat that i had to put in the freezer, when i get around to it can i mix some mince to the sausage meat when i make scotch eggs, the reason i ask is cos i can get free eggs and we have a cattle beast killed for us every year and have an abundance of mince putting everything together would make a cheap, quick and easy feed. Then after all that should i cook them first then put in the freezer ready to defrost and eat or wrap them in gladewrap and pop in freezer ready to defrost and cook ( boy do i sound like a novice lol)

amsandlant, Jan 2, 2:25am
my boys love meatballs - I mix together sausagemeat, grated carrot & courgette, an egg, some tomato sauce, mixed herbs, breadcrumbs, onion & rolled oats (finely ground works best if picky kids don't like 'bits' lol).Cook in oven (covered with foil for about an hour, removing foil for last 15 mins or so) or crockpot with a sauce made from a tin of condensed mushroom soup & a tin of water mixed together.We usually have with wholemeal spaghetti & vegies:-)

I also sometimes make meatloaf or sausagemeat pie using much the same recipe.

rozke, Jan 2, 12:03pm
Pastry in bottom of pie dish, add sausagemeat with onions done in whizz then put some finger holes all over the meat ADD 2 or 3 beaten eggs then put sliced tomato over the top of that and bake in the oven til cooked.My Aunt made it for a picnic had a salad to go with it was yummy

indy95, Oct 8, 12:57am
Bumped for someone asking for a sausagemeat pie recipe.

cookessentials, Oct 8, 1:08am
I do one using flakey pastry, finely chopped onion, suasage meat, grated potato and/or grated apple ( the apple takes the richness out of the sausage meat), dried herbs such as sage and egg.
I also do one with whole capers in it which i do free form wrapped in flakey pastry which is eaten cold at picnics.

kerrylee1, Dec 31, 2:25am
dont have the receipes sorry but try edmonds cookbook, scotch eggs, meatloaf, sausage pie, which im about to make, pastry and i mix sausage meat with onions,apples herbs etc whatever takes your fancy, place on top of pastry base and put pastry top onor grate cheese, nice and easy and yummy

fester7, Dec 31, 2:25am
Haha great stuff. My mum and MiL delighted in sausage meat pie. Just chuck into a baking dish and throw on top a mixture of beaten eggs and mixed veges, we all used to eat it with great gusto!!

darlingmole, Dec 31, 2:27am
Hmmm - well the only time I ever use sausage meat is for BBQ meatloaf (with bbq sauce) but that also has minced beef/lamb in it - likewise my stuffing recipe.However you could thrown in what ever you like in the way of grated vegetables and garlic, onion etc and make it whatever you want.And if you have flakey pastry you could make suasage rolls for the kids ...

seaspray1, Dec 31, 2:55am
Sausage rice pie - sausage meat, cooked rice, chopped onion, chopped apple, an egg and curry powder (if you like).Flakey pastry and bake.Great slab pie for lunches etc.Can serve hot or cold.

littleblackhen, Dec 31, 3:10am
meat loaf.
2 pkts of sausage meat,3 rashers of bacon,2eggs,1onion,3cups of breadcrumbs,salt and pepper.Mix altogether,shape into a log,roll in some sifted flour and put it in a roasting dish.Pour over 2 cups of boiling water with 2 teaspoons of vegemite.Bake for 1 hour at 350deg or (175). check halfway through and baste with the gravy it's cookin in.Awesome hot,but just as nice cold.can be frozen too.

tazzaboy2, Dec 31, 5:40am
i always make a family pie..pastry..sauce..sausage meat..pea's or whatever you like 3 eggs,then grated cheese on the top..180-200c for an hour or less..i also put capsicums in it for xtra taste and sauce i put awee bit from those pasta jars..

raewyn64, Dec 31, 9:09am
I make one with sausage meat, onion, egg to bind mixed together and then add to that mashed potato.
Then roll out some puff pastry and put all the mix in the middle of the pastry - bring in the sides of the pastry together like a really big pasty, glaze and then bake. then slice it to serve. Quite yummy. Will take a while to bake due to it being quite dense.

kate777, Dec 31, 9:18am
Sausage rolls?
Mix with beef mince and some mashed potato, onion, grated carrot, eggs and seasoning and make meatloaf?
Same recipe as above to make some delicious meat patties for hamburgers?
Same recipe again for meatballs?

raewyn64, Dec 31, 9:38am
I always buy it - just get the block of pastry - I use Signature Range - and then just roll it out to the size you want.

jared08, Dec 31, 9:42am
I make meat/sausage ball for my kids. Just great lots of vegetables, season and mix with bread crumbs. They love them.

kate777, Dec 31, 9:56am
I buy the stuff that's already rolled out into easy to use squares about 30cm x 30cm. Mate, you'd be looking hard to find someone who makes their own flaky or puff pastry!

sultana0, Dec 31, 10:10am
Lots of bread crumbs, let the kids roll out long snakes and cook them

ha2, Dec 31, 10:24am
Scotched eggs. Boil eggs to they are hard boiled. Shell them roll in milk then flour then get sausage meat right around the egg then bread crumb them and fry them you can add some salt and pepper It them hot or cold

ha2, Dec 26, 4:08pm
it should say eat them hot or cold