Sausage meat

pericles, Sep 5, 9:44pm
what can I make with it please, and no mince

cookessentials, Sep 5, 10:02pm
Sausage rolls or a sausage meat and potatoe pie or picnic loaf.

pickles7, Sep 5, 10:20pm
meat balls and spaghetti,
meat loaf, and put the hard boiled eggs in the middle.
Scotch eggs are awesome.

cookessentials, Sep 5, 10:32pm
Sausage meat, fresh bread crumbs, grated apple, sage, salt & pepper and an egg. Combine well in bowl. Flakey pastry sausage mixture own the middle, fold over and tuck in edges. Wash with a little beaten egg. Hot oven till golden and cooked through. You can add grated potato to this, some capers etc pretty much what you like.

shop-a-holic, Sep 5, 10:37pm
Another lady posted here a couple of weeks ago, regarding making a Quiche and using sauage meat as the base. So I did it, packed up a Picnic and it was devine. Highly recommend.

r-mvz, Sep 5, 10:50pm
Sausage meat pie
(Depending on size of dish you use you may need more than two tubes of sausage meat as you need to bring the sausage meat up the sides.)

Line dish with sausage meat (you will need wet fingers)
Then use whatever you fancy
salt/pepper
Vegetables eg: grated carrot, peas, beans, tomato, herbs etc
Then mix eggs with milk and pour over vegetables.
I like to put tomato sauce or you can use a chilli or BBQ sauce on the base before vegies.Sometimes I'll add grated cheese or put curry in the egg mix.

Cook in oven
Serve hot or cold

245sam, Sep 5, 11:26pm
pericles, do you have enough sausagemeat for this!

SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM LOAF
1 Kg sausagemeat
1 small onion, finely chopped
saltandpepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 egg, beaten
1½ cups fresh white breadcrumbsor
1 cup rolled oats+½ cup fresh white breadcrumbs
1 x 220g can mushrooms in butter sauce

Grease a loaf tin, then sprinkle the sides with additional white breadcrumbs and line the base of the tin with baking paper.
Combine all the ingredients, except ½ cup breadcrumbs, in the order given, then press the mixture into the loaf tin.Sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup breadcrumbs.
Bake at180°Cfor1 hour.Serve hot or cold – thickly sliced when hot and thinly sliced when cold.
This loaf freezes well and the not-too thinly slices reheat nicely, especially on a barbecue plate.

If you haven't enough sausagemeat for the loaf, maybe you'd like to try making this.

SAUSAGE HOT POT
450g sausagemeat
2 large onions, sliced
1 x 440g can baked beans
6-8 cooked, mashed potatoes
grated cheese

Place the ingredients in an ovenproof dish in the following order:- sausagemeat, 1 onion, baked beans, the remaining onion, potatoes, cheese.
Bake at200°Cfor1 hour.

Hope those help.:-))

pericles, Sep 6, 2:52am
I have heaps of sausage meat, son, butcher thought, he was doing me a favour and bought about 6 kgs home, thankfully, not frozen.
Many thanks for the ideas

whitehead., Sep 6, 3:21am
wontons with ginger garlic and spring onion . plus soy sause yummy deep fried or on chicken soup

dbab, Sep 6, 9:57pm
Add a grated apple, a grated onion, a little curry powder or sweet chilli sauce and chopped parsley. Shape into patties and cook like rissoles.

rocklover, Sep 7, 3:05am
I make a really nice sausage curry loaf. Pkt sausage meat, 1.5 cups boiled rice, 1 egg, 1 grated apple, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 chopped onion, salt and pepper. Mix it all together, roll out pastry, and place sausage mixture down middle like a log, roll pastry around it ( like a giant sausage roll) tuck ends under. Bake it in oven about 40 mins 180deg.