Camping food

Page 8 / 8
charlieb2, Nov 15, 7:39pm
Well done tarankyle.that sounds like a great bargain!

wise_one, Dec 1, 2:38am
super cheap have large size touch lamps for $2 that aare handy beside the kids sleeping bags in the nighttime or if you have to go outside aways!.

samanya, Dec 1, 5:23am
I bought some small battery powered LED touch lamps yesterday .pkt of 3 for $8
Harvey Norman.
They give a brilliant light.

punkinthefirst, Dec 2, 5:01am
I second that. It can also be used to bake fresh bread, if you're allowed a fire. We used to take away a home-made bread mix which just needed water adding. Once it's risen and kneaded, place it in the dutch oven, rise it again, then scrape out a place in the fire where there are good embers. Put the dutch oven in the embers and more embers on top of the lid. Bread will probably be cooked in about 20 minutes. just keep checking. Cut off hunks and slather it with butter.LOL
Another hint. the cheap polystyrene (sometimes under $10) chillybins are better at keeping frozen food frozen than any fancy plastic covered chillybins, if they are well sealed. I buy them from my butcher. Yes, they can be broken with rough handling, but at that price they are good value.

purplegoanna, Dec 3, 4:28am
as an now experienced yearly camper ive got a box full of 'ohh they look great but they actually suck' past camping lights.im currently sorting thru our camping stuff and can highly recommend336061275 these, the light is brighter and takes less batteries & batterie power.

tarankyle, Dec 3, 6:03am
thanks for that I have put it on my watch list. AWill check with my partner when I see him tomorrow that he didn't buy anything like that when he was away for work.

lyndyhopper, Dec 4, 10:30am
I love all these ideas.This thread has revived and interest in camping.I'm thinking of taking my boys camping after reading this thread.Thank you tarankyle for starting it.

winnie231, Dec 6, 2:14am
Another tip re. tarpolins . buy one which is atleast as big as the floor of your tent (you can always fold the extra under) and set your tent up on it.
Not only does it help protect the floor of your tent from being damaged by stones, sticks, etc . it also makes packing up alot easier as the bottom of your tent stays clean.

brosie, Dec 6, 7:45am
We camp every year no power or generator but we do have a gas fridge.We freeze 2 litres bottles of milk put these in a chilly bin with frozen meat. Cover the chilly bin with wet sack and keep it wet every day.Put chilly bin in shady placeDon't open the chilly bin until absoultely necessary and after that no more than once a day.Keeps frozen for 5 to 7 days.Milk is good to use after that length of time too.Sometimes we freeze lemonade it stays fizzy once thawed.

tarankyle, Dec 8, 11:43pm
Does anyone know how many of the gas cans I would need for the cooker that I brought! Awe are away for about a week.

guest, Nov 6, 3:43am
e,mgm hmm

guest, Jan 11, 10:17am
That's a smart answer to a difcfiult question.

guest, Jan 13, 1:50pm
I am also writing to let you be aware of of the erraroxdinaty encounter my friend's girl enjoyed browsing your web site. She even learned some things, with the inclusion of what it's like to have an amazing coaching spirit to get other people with ease learn about chosen complex topics. You undoubtedly surpassed her expected results. I appreciate you for imparting these productive, trusted, edifying and cool thoughts on that topic to Julie.

guest, Jan 14, 9:59am
I guess they had one of these a couple of weeks ago as well, my hubansd wanted to go I'm not so sure about bees though, you might be able to talk him into going with you!~ This is the store we got our chicks from