Your worst cup of tea experience????

Page 3 / 3
febes1, Oct 29, 1:01am
Thanks mate have never been happier & the day was fantastic!

lizab, Oct 29, 2:42am
I remember being a very naive 17 yr old in the UK, when asked if I'd like a cup of tea at a workmates in-laws house, I replied yes please being very polite and gasping for a cuppa, but was then asked if I'd like Chinese or Indian? I was mortified as I had no idea what normal tea was and so it was with great embarrassment that I had to say I'd changed my mind! Cringe!!! I wish I hadn't been so shy and was brave enough to ask what the difference was lol!!

beaker59, Oct 29, 3:14am
Once I was renovating a block of flats and was invited into one of the flats for a cup of tea they had bought the tea in bulk and had a nearly finished box about the size of a nailbox which must have taken them months to consume.

Now tea takes on all odours and flavours nearby these two old men lived in very tatty surroundings with windows and doors permanently shut and were both heavy smokers the tea tasted like bad breath and stale people one sip was enough I went to bathroom and tipped down sink.

I am fussy with tea so only get small packets normally greeen tea.

smoocherpete, Oct 30, 3:14am
The worst cups of tea I've had, apart from teabag tea, is made with those automatic teamakers. They all seem to make weak, cold tea with no taste. Both the Teasmaid and the Teadrop make the same thing, urk tea.

rhos1, Oct 30, 8:29am
Funniest cuppa I've had - visited a retired health professional who offered two cups of hot water and a small plastic hummus pot with a choice of four different tea bags. I chose one, dunked it in my cup of hot water, but was puzzled why they didn't do the same. After quite a long pause I was asked if it was strong enough, and when I said "yes, it's just fine thanks" they reached over, took the teabag out of my cup and put it into theirs!

ann7, Oct 30, 9:32am
Years ago friends and I were marooned on Fraser island for a couple of days, before there were daily ferries. We werent at all prepared and had run out of food and fresh water. The tea bags were used and hung up to dry on the tent before being used repeatedly, and the only water we could find was semi salty. Foul, but hot.

kuaka, Oct 30, 9:52am
omg - some of your experiences are worse than mine!I recall my uncle who was a carpet layer telling us of some of his experiences of being offered cups of tea at some houses where kitchen cleanliness didn't appear to be a high priority to the housewife.He told of one such occasion when he felt it rude to refuse the cuppa that he was offered, and as he was laying the carpet in an upstairs bedroom, when he thought all was safe he opened the window and tossed the contents of the cup out the window, only to discover to his horror that the housewife was just going out into the garden to bring in the washing and the tea went all over her!

kuaka, Oct 30, 9:54am
Another story from a friend of mine was of going pig-hunting and forgetting the tea bags, so back at camp after a strenuous hunt, the camp fire lit, and his mate started scuffing at the ground with his boots.This continued for some time and eventually my friend asked his mate what he was doing, and the reply was "looking for teabags!"

elliehen, Oct 30, 10:03am
Priceless!I hope I'm never desperate enough to go and scrabble around my azaleas and rhododendrons - that's where I put tea leaves and tea bags ;)

bedwarmer, Oct 30, 11:35am
I crashed on the couch at the flat of some friends after a party. The next morning, one of my especially hot friends made me a cup of tea. That was my first taste of Earl Grey tea. It tasted like she'd a table-spoon of dish-washing liquid and I have never been able to drink Earl Grey ever since.

donna23, Oct 30, 2:14pm
In Hawaii, ordering a white tea, waitress double checked I wanted milk/cream in it - looking at me oddly, me affirming that yes, that was what I wanted and when it came it was ICED COLD tea with milk floating on the top!!

kuaka, Jul 3, 10:00pm
donna23 - yuk!