Channel 1 Jamie Oliver

Page 2 / 5
uli, Oct 20, 3:25am
Just out of curiosity - why do you all think we don't have people here that eat exactly like Jamie Oliver describes? To call this a "bizarre comment" - there must be a bit more to it - yes?

uli, Oct 20, 3:35am
I guess it is still a "recipe" davidt4 - not "convenience food" - or is it?

cookessentials motorbo lizab and aphra1 will enlighten me any minute I am sure :)

elliehen, Oct 20, 3:40am
Lollycake??Well, unless you're eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, what's wrong with it that's not also wrong with a Christmas truffle?

davidt4, Oct 20, 3:43am
A rhetorical question Elise?Or do you want an answer?

I am just as unwilling to eat Christmas truffles as I am unwilling to eat lolly cake.

beaker59, Oct 20, 3:44am
Thats a hilarious thread David especially the last comment. Can't have all that extra fat diluting the sugar EH!

beaker59, Oct 20, 3:48am
Moderation is the key, though one mans moderation is anothers Gluttony.

elliehen, Oct 20, 3:52am
Helena, aren't you busy right now concocting an ersatz truffle?

I'm looking forward to it, although I'm not too keen on those whey custards of yours - a bit blah ;)

elliehen, Oct 20, 4:03am
Here's one, a winter dish popular with Uni student flatters :)
Mix 1 can chilli beans with 1 can Mexican spiced tomatoes and 1 can cream-style corn.Heat and eat with large green side salad.

No cheese, sorry uli ;)

elliehen, Oct 20, 4:14am
Drat!I was looking forward to trying chocolate-coated cauliflower or somesuch.

No matter, I'm sure some of the others are beavering away.I'll keep popping in to check on progress.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 20, 4:30am
You're most welcome Ellie!

We look forward to you joining up and submitting your truffle recipe for the Christmas truffle competition.
Word of warning - chocolate dipped lolly-cake will NOT qualify as either low carb OR low GI - or a truffle!

cookessentials, Oct 20, 4:35am
#1..you did not see the programme, so difficult to comment I guess.
#2.. If there ARE people that eat pizza for breakfast,nuggets for lunch and nuggets for dinner, I doubt they would be here looking for recipes.
#3 You make very large generalisations in regards to those who use the recipe section! Most people here bake, if they use condensed milk ( which we all know you poke fun at along with a few others) you make out they they rely on packaged and instant foods. I would ask you this: if it bothers you so much, why do you actually come into the recipe section? The majority of the people here cook and bake and at times use white sugar ( God forbid in your eyes) and condensed milk and white flour and glucose syrup....well, smack my hand...is that a crime?

cookessentials, Oct 20, 4:37am
and the problem being?? most people here occasionallly make such items, if you think it is so bad, why do you bother coming into the recipe section, it is, after all, for recipes and just because they may not be YOUR type of recipes...who are you, or anyone else to tell people they should not be eating it or add to the smart alec threads started by a certain other poster here who loves to mock recipe section members?

cookessentials, Oct 20, 4:38am
Great, that is your perogative...not to tell others what and how they should eat! as elliehen says, are they eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner?? I think not.

cookessentials, Oct 20, 4:38am
agreed.

elliehen, Oct 20, 4:45am
I'm not as 'gifted' as you, bedazzledjewels ;)

bedazzledjewels, Oct 20, 4:46am
Ho ho ho! Good one Ellie!

elliehen, Oct 20, 6:27am
Now you'll have everybody really worried uli.Are you pushing stuff you won't use yourself?That's almost criminal.

I'll only post a recipe I'm prepared to eat.

blossom115, Oct 20, 6:52am
it looks to me that you all missing the point here, it is the schools in that program that were given the kids all that rubbish, it is criminal in my opinion, and there was Jamie trying to save them from an early death and those dumb yanks took a dim view,,,,how stupid can you get?

nfh1, Oct 20, 6:55am
What sort of a programme would it be if he went to a family/school who thought all his ideas were good ones.No sensationalism, no tears, shouting, dirty looks - no viewers.

They know he is right, just don't want to hear it - like us all really.Good advice is the advice which agrees with what we are going to do.

cookessentials, Oct 20, 6:56am
Well, so you have!! is your tongue stuck firmly in ones cheek?

cookessentials, Oct 20, 6:57am
It was in the family home too blossom, not just the schools. If these children were being fed fresh fruit and vegetables at home, they would not have been turning their noses up at salad,yoghurt and the better food options offered.

blossom115, Oct 20, 6:58am
yes...that too cook...you right...

blossom115, Oct 20, 7:10am
but still...schools...they suppose to teach you right from wrong...parents could be any level of intelligence I guess...but no exuse for teachers ,.surely......those poor kids...they didnt even know what a potato is...jeez...I know it all revolves around sensasionalism...but I saw what I saw..

tahnasha, Oct 20, 7:16am
If you take notice of the programme, he also went to the most unhealthiest State in the whole of America.I saw that series a couple of months ago and wasn't shocked at all that those kids didn't know what fresh food was.That's why they went there, because they were unhealthy.

Wait till he goes to the High School.

cookessentials, Oct 20, 7:21am
Well, I agree to a point....to me, the home base is where children are taught about what is right and wrong. As far as food is concerned, that is something definately taught in the home, children model themselves on their parents behaviour and look to them for guidance and boundaries...it is where children learn about alot of things. Children who are introduced to a variety of foods from and early age are certainly less fussy. I also think getting children involved in the growing of, harvesting,preparing and cooking of food gives them
A: a broad range of foods that they like and will eat.
B: an interest in food so that theyare not so picky and that they are keen to try new things.