Anyone used Jamie Oliver Professional series

bella430, Mar 7, 10:59am
cookware! I am considering buying a saute pan after using one at a friends place. They are expensive so I need recommendations.

cardiffgirl, Mar 9, 10:40am
I have had a set of them since 2009 and have been very happy with them

bella430, Mar 9, 11:32am
cardiffgirl. Thanks for that. My daughter has one as has a friend and both are happy with them. But I notice that shops which used to stock Jamie Oliver cookware no longer do so. I asked why. Answer: they had so many returned because the non-stick surface degraded quickly. This makes me very nervous about paying $250 or more for one pan.

deus701, Mar 9, 12:14pm
normally i stay away from celebrity chef branded pans and stick with proper brands i can rely on.

lyl_guy, Mar 10, 1:51am
The non-stick hard anodised baccarat pans from Farmers are MUCH better quality IMO, and so much cheaper when they have their 2 for 1 deals/ half price etc.I have both, and found the jamie oliver one excellent for a few months, then, starting from the red dot thing in the centre, started losing it's 'non stick' quality!The baccarat ones are just gorgeous to cook with.
http://catalogues.farmers.co.nz/item.php!itemId=333031
I'm going to get some more, at those prices!

jag5, Mar 10, 5:55am
I had one.it was the best pan .loved it.but yes, the surface sarted breaking down and food was sticking.I took it back to the shop (Stevens).they sent away but it came back.they reckoned it had been used at too high a heat.bollocks.just a flipping cop out.was not impressed.

cardiffgirl, Mar 10, 1:54pm
Mine are still fine. I cook on gas and use a medium heat. The non stick surface remains fine and intact. I also use scanpan and circulon sauté pans.both ok

bella430, Mar 12, 9:36am
Thanks for all your comments. Am still doing the research as to which I will choose.

aglarana, Mar 12, 10:44am
You actually need to research what the pan itself is made from. Then research the correct cooking temperatures. Otherwise you end up with peels, buckles, taints. It's a headache. Bring back the cookware nana used!
I hate the way celebs "lease" their name to things. Wasn't that long ago Jamie Oliver was the spokesman for Pams. Funnily enough I never saw him use any sugar or cocoa except Chelsea, or his "mummys" garden herbs until he became "famous".

pickles7, Mar 12, 8:31pm
Not always the best products, I have to say. He has dropped a few of his own products, as the material they were made of, let the product down.
I only use stainless steel pans. Once you learn how to use them, there is no going back.

bella430, Mar 12, 10:16pm
Let us in on the secret of stainless steel pickles.

pickles7, Mar 13, 12:03am
Heat the pan well.
Oil the food, not the pan.
Turn the meat after it frees itself from the pan.

bella430, Mar 14, 9:29am
OK. Is that method likely to work with food such as zucchini fritters!

deus701, Mar 14, 11:05am
I think the pans are made by tefal. I had a tefal with thermospot.the spot thingy wears off after a year. I was abit sad as I have to judge when the pan is ready for action.