Jamie Oliver's custard square

yapper, Sep 11, 11:17am
Maybe it has a different name? Perhaps it's called Vanilla Square. I've heard it called that in NZ so who knows?

nauru, Sep 11, 12:00pm
Usually known as Vanilla Slice in the UK

kaddiew, Sep 11, 8:21pm
You could use his recipe for his open custard slice, and just put a pastry lid on it instead of strawberries.


cottagerose, Sep 12, 3:15am
Does anyone have the recipe plse. I can't find it on the Internet

marcs, Sep 12, 1:12pm
Any ideas what book it came out of?

harrislucinda, Sep 12, 9:37pm
i use ready rolled flakey pastry and a custard made with cornflour and egg instead of edmonds custard

cottagerose, Dec 26, 4:55pm
Thankyou everyone for your help. I'll try someone else's custard square. I tasted one once and was told it was Jamie Oliver's and as it was nice, thought I'd make it but I'm sure there will be others just as nice

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)