Channel 1 Jamie Oliver

Page 5 / 5
fisher, Oct 23, 6:46am
but they can make up their own mind... same as we can in these threads... we dont need it rammed down our throats from you...
tell me something... did you say anything about it to your neighbor???

cookessentials, Oct 23, 6:47am
No, the only thing passing YOU by is life.....you could do to get one.

buzzy110, Oct 23, 6:55am
What a sad lot you all are. Cooks invited me to play and you don't like the way I play so you all gang up on me. See even rosewildvinyl has chimed in. I'm wondering where she popped up from. I'm starting to develop the theory that she is another poster with two accounts as she has been silent for so long now and suddenly when the gang gets going, there she is.

I'll happily go away when you all stop closing your minds to the unhealthy foods that make up the bulk of the average NZers diet whilst criticising some nutritionally ignorant Americans for their food choices.

If the discussion revolved more around how JO was helping you to understand that processed foods are not nirvana and how you want to make better food choices then I'd support you but so far all I have read is defence of your own unhealthy eating habits, the bizarre belief that fruit and vegetables are somehow unobtainable in the States,defence of lolly cake, and the sad irony that you are all in here learning how to cook first rate, nutritionally sound meals when all I have seen anybody learning is how to make pizza, cakes, muffins and use up condensed milk. Pavlova figures high in the lists of titles as well.

Ramp up the quality of your discussion ladies and I'll go away. Continue to trash me personally, because nobody is trashing what I have to say by the way, and maybe I'll hang around.

cookessentials, Oct 23, 7:01am
You THINK I would invite you to play?
Your whole attitude is absolute poison...I dont think anyone wants to play with you.
One of the best things for us to do with someone with NPD is to ignore them...they thrive on the attention.

kay141, Oct 23, 7:25am
I couldn't resist. Buzzy how do you know what your neighbour feeds her children every night? Are you doing her cooking? Are you there? Do you peek in the window?

motorbo, Oct 23, 7:52am
FFS i dont care what you eat i dont care that you think its healthyi ACTUALLY eat a fairly low CARB diet, but im not going to tell you......see its you i cant tolerate, you think everyone should be like you and you go on and on and on, i like people like Cookes cos they just love good food, leave me alone your so posion just dont talk to me dont comment on my comments and i will leave you alone too ok, you are so narrow minded i cant stand you, and thats saying something for me

motorbo, Oct 23, 7:54am
LMAO she probably does i could see her doing the mind of bible door knocking but its low carb leaflets lol ...oh dear im goign to shutupo i dont wanna be like this its awful that sne brings out the bad side i didnt know i had

buzzy110, Oct 23, 8:22am
What a dopey bunch you are. Every evening, when she called her boys home for dinner, she called out the menu like it was some sort of treat. Sometimes they had chips.

Oh well. If you believe cooks that I am poison when all I wanted to see was a decent discussion on food health then I can only shrug my shoulders. And I wasn't going to enter this thread until cooks actually mentioned my name in a very nasty way.

I guess I can do nothing about your preconceptions of me but I think I am allowed to post whatever I want. Too bad that I am supposed to be socially inept and you all side with someone who finds delight in derision of socially challenged people.

I still wouldn't want to be any of you. Nothing about any of you makes me wish I were less socially inept. I am flawed. So what? I'd rather be socially inept than anything else, if it means being like you people.

motorbo, Oct 23, 7:00pm
buzzy did you ever think hmmmm i should try not shoving my opinion in everyones face and just actually share ideas and stories of interest, then, you might just find people start to like you and you in turn start to like yourself, but instead you come in with this holier than attitude, loose it and i bet you do gain friends here. its like everything in life it your choice.

calista, Oct 23, 7:47pm
That's not quite accurate motorbro.I may not always agree with what Buzzy says, or her way of saying it, but I did appreciate her answering on a thread I started when I was pulling out my hair about providing a 'curry' recipe for my dad.I'm sure the old fashioned way she gave for making curry was not how Buzzy would make it herself (it was a bit boring) but she was able to step away from that to give a simple recipe that made my Dad very happy as it was within his capabilities.

So thanks for that Buzzy, it also helped me cling to the remnants of my sanity, which I often lose when dealing with my Dad. (as possibly he does when dealing with me).

kay141, Oct 23, 9:02pm
I'm amazed at how many illness etc. buzzy's friends and neighbours have and how badly they eat. One would think with her and her family's superior knowledge and intellect they would have managed to convert them to her way of living by now.

kay141, Oct 23, 9:48pm
Also how much they tell her about their privates lives and the amount she broadcasts on these messagesboards. It seems whatever anyone suffers from, she knows somebody worse. It seems her circle of family, friends and neighbours tell her everything and as a result have no privacy. I wonder if they read these boards.

motorbo, Oct 23, 10:49pm
i think thats exatcly what i was saying, give ideas recipes, gosh i think i know what i meant, am pleased she helped you.

willyow, Oct 24, 2:43am
Getting kids to eatgreen things is just a matter of getting creative.
I had my son eating brocolli at age 3. He loved Bananas in Pyjamas videos where Rat In A Hat was always cooking "Stone Soup" - One night when we were having brocolli soup - I lied - and said we were havingStone Soup for dinner - he cleaned up a bowl of it and wenever had a problem with brocolli again!

hezwez, Oct 24, 4:37am
I used to rename food too willyow, our kids ate "Moon Patties" and "Hop~a~long Cassidy" when it sounded more appealing than it's actual name.

gaspodetwd, Oct 24, 6:30pm
My kids both eat loads of veggies. There was a time when we my eldest wouldn't so we gave her lots of pasta with 'tomato' sauce-which was homemade with 8 other veggies in it. She would eat every scrap. It all depends on how persistent you are, how you present the food and if *you* give in.
I reckon every child would eat nothing but junk if they didn't understand about nutrition and if they hadn't been given good food at an early age and were used to the taste. As parents, surely it is our job to give them good nutrition and keep the junk for parties and very special occasions. Sochippiesand muffins and biccies are not every day food.

motorbo, Jun 21, 2:14pm
agreed gasp, i know i used to worry that i didnt get it right all the time back then, but my boy as a young man is already a keen gardener, has even made his own vege soup from his own garden of veges! and recently he said they are eating more vegetarian meals! 2! and he goes to the gym on a regular basis