Trial and error with pavlova recipe

Page 3 / 3
smileeah, Nov 10, 10:05am
I mean the soft airy inside. I'm thinking if a pav is high it must be filled with (soft airy) marshmallow.
I prefer flatter pav's because they are more likely to meet my criteria lol

uli, Dec 25, 11:19pm
korbo - how did the 365 pavs come out!

gerry64, Dec 26, 12:37am
Korbo my Nan used to use lemon juice as well will try and find her recipe - she always used to say if your eggs are fresh your pav will be no good

simba106, Dec 26, 12:53am
Made 1 one friday just when the earthquakes were happening, it had a high shell and a flat thin strip of marshallow and base, tastes okay, but wont bother again during an earthquake :(

thitryfiver, Dec 26, 6:38am
korbo,
Have you tried Donn'a Hay'spavlova i have had great success with her recipe, I thinkwas featured on a Master Chef show, has 150 mls of egg whites, which I think is good, as eggs vary in size, I have used 4 & 5 eggs at different times , both times with good results.

korbo, Dec 26, 8:30am
nothing but disaster.the pav looked great in the oven, but when i took it out, it was all brown,stickey and flat.
anyway put cream and berries on. very marshmellowy inside, but just so tacky on outside.
as those that know me, i am going to make one every day if i have to, until i get one that looks like the one i saw on here the other day.
My late mum made good white crunchy ones, but the recipe is nowhere to be found. I think it had lemon juice not vinegar. anyway will keep updated from time to time. Any more hints welcome.

bev00, Dec 25, 12:37pm
helpful hints .

guest, Jan 11, 5:20am
Plesaing to find someone who can think like that

guest, Jan 13, 12:47pm
dela: yes the feeling's awsomee. i am feeling the urge to make another pav, just to see if yesterday's was a fluke. but what am i going to do with all those yolks?!wendy: yes, it's all in the way the whites are beaten! thnx again for the recipe n post. btw, have you ever been to this blog bc i've never known about your blog until now yet i see you have a large following. so glad i found your blog:) n you know, i've been telling my daughter to sketch me a header tt shows our family in the kitchen n i see your profile pic is just tt!

guest, Jan 14, 7:42pm
Thank you for your explanation and ptreucis. Pavlova isn't a popular dessert in Hawaii, so I had no idea what the finished product was supposed to look like. Thanks to your post, I now feel like I can try making one.