Lindauer Special Reserve - which is the best one??

scannell2, Sep 29, 8:56pm
i think there are 3 kinds and i need to buy some for our wedding, is one better then the other?? thanks in advance

cookessentials, Sep 29, 9:07pm
The Brut can be a bit strong.

crails, Sep 29, 10:26pm
Lindauer Sec is nice not as strong as the Brut.For a wedding I'd get the Special Reserve you can get it quite cheaply at the supermarket when on special

cap, Sep 29, 10:36pm
I don't usually like wine but I do love the Lindauer Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc.

buzzy110, Sep 29, 10:50pm
Special Reserve - A good middle of the road Champers. Not too dry. Not too sweet. This basic variety is probably the one I'd choose for others.

Special Reserve Blanc de Blanc - Quite dry. My personal peferred variety so I wouldn't suggest that unless you know that the people at the Bridal Table liked dry wines.

Special Reserve Riche - Sweet. If you are a wine drinker I wouldn't suggest this but if not then this is definitely the one to go for IMO. It will be smoother than the basic Lindauer sparkling wines and a nice touch for the bridal table.

Not sure if you are just buying the SR for the bridal table and the ordinary Lindauer for the rest of the guests but if buying Special Reserve for the rest may I suggest you buy the basic, middle of the road SR.

lizab, Sep 29, 11:16pm
cuvee riche is the best one

cookessentials, Sep 30, 1:31am
This is the one I prefer

lisapisa2, Sep 30, 2:37am
I really like the cuvee riche. Yum!

jed, Sep 30, 3:42am
Lindauer Sec is not as dry as the Brut and is a very nice wine.Although the Special Reserve would make a nice Wedding drink.Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc is yuk, too grapey for me.You should go and do a bit of wine tasting and see for your self: )

winnie231, Sep 30, 5:22am
scannell2 - why don't you contact Lindaur directly and tell them about your wedding? Maybe they come to the party with samples so you can decide for yourself :) I hope your wedding is a truely lovely day (when is it??? Hope you come back to us with a few pics!)

http://www.lindauer.co.nz/

noonesgirl, Sep 30, 5:30am
Definitely not the Brut. I prefer Sec but tasted Sav & ok, so maybe combination of Sec, Sav & Reserve.

toadfish, Sep 30, 6:04am

buzzy110, Oct 1, 12:37am
Yes it is an excellent price however you are limited to very dry and sweet. The Lindauer Special Reserve Brut Cuvee is not on offer and that is the middle of the road IMO.

However, if you cannot get to sample before buying you can always check out the label at the back. On the bottom is a little table which runs from Dry to Sweet and an arrow runs along and stops in the appropriate box to tell you where it falls on the sweetness scale.

The Special Reserves are definitely a fine drink in comparison to some other NZ sparkling wines I have tasted lately. None of us here can advise you on which variety is best though, because as you can see, wine is a personal choice.

As a rough guide those who don't drink wine and are male might prefer beer! An occasional, Chateau de Cardboard or cheap wine drinker will probably prefer sweet. A regular drinker with some level of wine 'pretension' will like demi-sec (half dry, half sweet). A person with a sophisticated palate will prefer dry and very dry for general consumption but will drink appropriate sweetness, depending on the occasion, company, time of day, weather, foods and the course. Do not bother to cater for the last sort because they are happy to sip whatever comes along.

lizab, Oct 1, 1:48am
a buzzy said, it's all individual tastes, so you'd probably be best to buy some of each - all the best for your wedding :)

toadfish, Oct 1, 3:23am
http://www.foodtown.co.nz/HomeShopping/Shop.aspx?Target=Search&SearchCriteria=sparkling+wine

"Lindauer special reserve methode traditional brut cuvee non vintage"
Same Price...

Thought it was all the Special Reserve on special this week....

scannell2, May 16, 4:19am
thanks for all your advice people, we ended up going for the special reserve as suggested by buzzy and got it for $12 a bottle which i am very pleased about, i do actually drink this but just wondered what other people liked, thanks again