Best flour for breadmakers???

kiwilewa, Jun 17, 9:50am
Hi there,
Had varying results with loaves and wonder if there is a better high grade brand of flour to use? Is there one which is superior to the rest? What about the tasti brand yeast?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to give me your advice! ;-)

kiwibubbles, Jun 17, 9:57am
i generally use high grade flour and the yeast depends on recipe.. i've used both breadmaker yeast and active yeast... i find breadmaker yeast makes my bread rise a lot more

bunny51, Jun 17, 10:34am
I use any brand ofhigh grade flour (which ever brand is hte cheapest) and have used tasti yeast and like it,

I have started using active dried yeast (the granuels) and activating the yeast in warm water and hte recipe's amount of sugar. then carrying on as per recipe instructions. I didn't really like the taste of bread made with breadmaker yeast. I think that is just personal preference though.

kinna54, Jun 18, 2:22am
I also use any brand of *high grade* flour, pams is good.
I like the tasti yeast, I find it keeps longer. Always check the use by date on the yeast, as often it is nearly expired on the shelf!. Keep yeast in the fridge at all times.

kiwilewa, Jun 18, 9:50am
Hi there,
Had varying results with loaves and wonder if there is a better high grade brand of flour to use! Is there one which is superior to the rest! What about the tasti brand yeast!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to give me your advice! ;-)

kiwibubbles, Jun 18, 9:57am
i generally use high grade flour and the yeast depends on recipe. i've used both breadmaker yeast and active yeast. i find breadmaker yeast makes my bread rise a lot more

bunny51, Jun 18, 10:34am
I use any brand ofhigh grade flour (which ever brand is hte cheapest) and have used tasti yeast and like it,

I have started using active dried yeast (the granuels) and activating the yeast in warm water and hte recipe's amount of sugar. then carrying on as per recipe instructions. I didn't really like the taste of bread made with breadmaker yeast. I think that is just personal preference though.

willow123, Jun 19, 11:39am
Use high grade because you need the extra gluten content.
I always buy the cheap brand of flour because they sell so much that it's always fresh - the more expensive ones may not be fresh and so won't give a good result. I like the new breadmaker yeast

willow123, Jun 20, 11:39am
Use high grade because you need the extra gluten content.
I always buy the cheap brand of flour because they sell so much that it's always fresh - the more expensive ones may not be fresh and so won't give a good result. I like the new breadmaker yeast