Breadmakers ? any good ?

golfaholic2, Jan 24, 7:17am
I have issues with canola oil , intolerant
Basically all breads available in CHCH have canola in them .............Whats the bread "assuming its done properly and well etc" like that you can make in those bread makers ??
How does it compare with the likes of bread fresh baked from a bakery ? if that's not a stupid question

lilyfield, Jan 24, 7:23am
much nicer and much cheaper. No preservatives, add any flavor you like- breadmakers- best invention after sliced bread.

golfaholic2, Jan 24, 7:26am
Is any brand better than the others ?

stormcat1, Jan 24, 7:28am
we are looking at buying a breadmaker, would like some recommendations into what brand to buy

lilyfield, Jan 24, 7:36am
panasonic has the best reputation

korbo, Jan 24, 9:00am
I have a Sanyo and a Breville, very happy with both. both make a good loaf.
You can usebutter or marg instead of oil....

helenandjohn, Jan 24, 9:02am
I've got a Sunbeam - it's great. And you can make large loaves in it.

greerg, Jan 24, 9:04am
Panasonic has consistently been rated best by Consumer in the past and our experience with ours was excellent.

ibcreative, Jan 24, 9:09am
I have had my Panasonic for 10 years now and if it stopped working I would get another Panasonic. I have tried bread made in other breadmakers and the Panasonic bread is superior.

bunny51, Jan 24, 9:19am
I have a sunbeam as well. It is great, gets lots of use. I don;t bake in the bread maker though. I take it out and shape it then after it has risen again, I bake it in the oven. MIne makes a large loaf of bread. takes about 5 cups of flour

bobshane20, Jan 24, 8:14pm
I got a breville for xmas and love it!! have been using light olive oil in the mix and the bread is georgus. have also made fruit bread, pizza bases, and rolls.all turned out great

kaddiew, Feb 27, 8:19am
Panasonic - 11 years old and hasn't missed a beat.