Breadmakers - what one?

rrrg, Mar 10, 6:28am
Whats your opinion on breadmakers and which is the best one and why! Thanks

leodevos, Mar 10, 6:39am
I love my Panasonic SD 257. Was the best rated in consumers too.It does the bread great and recipes are easy to follow. :-)

lilyfield, Mar 10, 6:41am
panasonic- most expensive- but the best

jen69, Mar 10, 6:46am
Absolutely panasonic. I have never had bread fail in mine. Lots of options in what you can make in it. Worth the money - sometimes they come up on special - maybe easter sales!

jude7, Mar 10, 7:17am
panasonic i just love mine

lynne1961, Mar 10, 8:55am
Got the latest Panasonic and it is so Clever Made Easy!Best thing since sliced bread!The SD 257 is the older model now.

kinna54, Mar 10, 9:20pm
Whatever brand you buy make sure that the manual has the NZ measurement or a conversion chart.
A lot of brands have International measures which believe me are very different, and you get glue like lead. (Know so many people who have had problems, and nearly given up)
Have heard nothing but good re panasonic.others on here who own them may know if you need to convert recipes. I have a Breville (which was a gift and I love it) but definitely had to convert recipes.

willyow, Mar 10, 10:06pm
Our Panasonic has gone non-stop for ten yearsturning out great bread - expensive but they do a good job and last

rrrg, Mar 11, 4:58am
Sounds like its Panasonic

craig04, Mar 11, 6:57am
I have a Breville Ikon which my MIL gave me as a gift. It works great and I've had no trouble with it so far after 4yrs, it makes up to a 1.25kg loaf and is good at making pasta dough and jam as well. Everyone else I know has a Panasonic and I believe they are widely regarded as the best - if I had bought my own, I would have gone for Panasonic, but a freebie is a freebie and it's been good.

rrrg, Mar 12, 1:31am
Anyone got one they want to sell!

wheelz, Mar 12, 1:55am
some on trade me

ibcreative, Mar 12, 3:47am
Definitely Panasonic. I've had mine for at least 12 years & it's still going strong. Also they make the best bread. I've tried bread from other breadmakers & it's just not as good.

pickles7, Mar 12, 4:09am
Panasonic

stoats, Mar 12, 6:32am
I have the very first Panasonic bread maker it is over 20 years old, has made hundreds of loaves of bread we use it almost every day as we don't like bought bread & its still going strong.

macandrosie, Mar 12, 6:37am
I love my Sanyo Bread factory mainly because it's got a big loaf capacity. 3 cups of flour. Some of them have a small baking loaf pan