I Want A Mixer On A Stand

Page 1 / 2
starry29, Aug 28, 11:16pm
and i want it to be brand new and $100 or less..nothing fancy...just want a mixer on a stand so i don't have to hold the darn thing lol

carbon_trader, Aug 28, 11:38pm
Keep dreaming ...

trading_gibsons, Aug 28, 11:45pm
Me too!!!!
But I want a really expensive one,at the moment I balance my hand one on a teatowel on my pasta maker,no accidents yet......

starry29, Aug 28, 11:51pm
lol carbon..atleast dreams are free

hahaha trading..i am picturing that

babytears, Aug 28, 11:52pm
You'll be lucky... I got one from Noel Leemings using my flybuys, it's called a Sunbeam Mix master pro.... probably the cheapest on the market, AND nowhere near as good as those $500 ones

sue1955, Aug 29, 12:05am
See if you can track down a Breville Wizz Mix Plus (have a look at Google) to see if it's what you're looking for. I bought mine 5yrs ago from Briscoes for $50.99. If that model isn't available perhaps they have something similar.

alebix, Aug 29, 12:08am
For $100 I dont think so....

I got a cheap one for $360 and its a kenwood one.

You can buy mixers on a stand at the warehouse but its basically a handmixer with beaters on a stand... doesnt do much else.

joey2221, Aug 29, 3:43am
i got my kenwood off trademe now i just love baking cheap too

duckmoon, Aug 29, 7:35am
I wanted the same, but spent my $100 on a second hand Kenwood - and haven't regret it.

neil_di, Aug 29, 7:39am
Breville ..hand mixer on a stand..$90..(LV Martins) can vouch for the hand mixer as I have one. However I'm with the others ..if you can get a Kenwood Chef on TM.. they are everlasting...I've had mine for 35 yrs and it is well used and still going strong.

starry29, Sep 12, 12:57am
WOOOHOOOO

i got my CHEAP mixer on a stand today lol...*smiles gleefully*

just the $40 kenwood one from briscoes..normally $89.95

cap, Sep 12, 1:08am
At that price you can't really go wrong.I have a Sunbeam Compact MixMaster Pro which is $160 ont he Noel Leemings website but I think I got it with Fly Buys or it was a heck of a lot cheaper than that and I find it fine.I am sure the $500+ models are lovely but at the price out of reach for most.Like you I just wanted one on a stand to make life easier and it's great when making a pav!

fruitluva2, Dec 21, 11:03am
Does anyone know if this mixer is good? I want to buy one or rather dh is getting me one forxmas. TIA

http://www.sunbeam.co.nz/pages/browse/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=1391

marcs, Dec 21, 11:15am
Not cheap but I would love a kitcheaid one. I have a very very old kenwood that is still going so I am not allowed to buy my kitchenaid.

cookessentials, Dec 21, 6:06pm
Wouldnt touch Sunbeam

fruitluva2, Dec 21, 7:16pm
Oh drat really Cooks

fruitluva2, Dec 21, 7:30pm
Thanks for the warning Cooks I just googled opinions on the mixer, not good at all. Would hate to have the grief other bakers have with theirs considering the cost.

pickles7, Dec 21, 9:39pm
me too. I have gathered up all the bits to it now.
great mixers.

fifie, Dec 22, 12:05am
Me to, my trusty old kenwood of 44 years has finally died, best kitchen appliance i have ever owned....

cqlt45, Dec 22, 3:15am
I have a MX5950 from Sunbeam- have had it approx 2yrs, love it.Also with Masterchef using Sunbeam products I would say they must be quite a reputable company if Masterchef are using them.

nickyd, Dec 22, 6:30pm
If I had that kind of budget I'd look out for a 2nd hand Kenwood.They're wonderful.Mind was still going strong with frequent use after 25 years

sarahb5, Aug 24, 11:07pm
That's what I'm looking at getting - can you use it as a handmixer without the bowl as well as a standalone cake mixer because that's what I want!I had a Sunbeam in the UK and it was great, it's still working for my mum 15 years after I left as well!

cookessentials, Aug 24, 11:51pm
No, not really.they dont have to last too long and they are sponsors! so of course they will use them if the sponsors throw them enough money. I have watched the Sunbeam stuff being used on Masterchef and they just dont cut the mustard.if you took a look at them six months down the track with the Masterchef chefs using them, imagine what they wouuld be like then.

sarahb5, Aug 24, 11:56pm
So is there another handmixer that can also be standalone as well!

starry29, Aug 28, 11:16pm
and i want it to be brand new and $100 or less.nothing fancy.just want a mixer on a stand so i don't have to hold the darn thing lol