Baking for 10 people without Mixer HELP!!!

Page 1 / 2
courtney2004, Mar 27, 8:14am
I am doing morning and afternoon teas for 4 days starting tomorrow I have no idea as to what to make but I don't have a mixer now since it flew off the bench in the Earthquake. I have to do baking for 10 people they are all guys so like their food!!! just don't want to cream butter by hand LOL!!! any idea on recipes please people.

catlover28, Mar 27, 8:21am
Think of it this way, mixing by hand is a great workout.

catlover28, Mar 27, 8:22am
Scones.

courtney2004, Mar 27, 8:24am
I was even just thinking of a sweet loaf of some sort type yet I don't know! Scones is a good idea.

Its the mixing by hand I agree its a work out but iwth RSI in the wrists its a mission some days.

jessie981, Mar 27, 8:26am
Chocolate Crunch ( double or triple)
125gr butter
1c coconut
1TBSP cocoa
1c flour
1/2c sugar
vanilla essence
Melt butter & pour over dry ingredients. Press into sponge roll tin.
Bake 20 - 30 mins @ 180. Cut while warm & ice when cold. Sprinkle coconut over icing (opt)

Muffins & fudge slices don't require a mixer

Honey & Rice Bubble Slice
125gr butter
125gr sugar
2TBSPs honey or golden syrup
Boil gently 5mins. Remove fromheat 7 add 4c ricebubbles
Press in a sponge roll tin. Cut while warm

Canadian Loaf (large)
4c flour
2c sugar
125gr butter
2&1/2c water
1 beaten egg
500gr fruit
2tsp b/soda, cinnamon & mixed spice
Boil butter, sugar, water & fruit 5 mins. Cool - add egg & dry ingredients
Bake approx 2hrs(check for readiness) @ 180

deus701, Mar 27, 8:26am
Make no-knead breads, all in cakes, etc

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:28am
Fibre Muffins
BOWL 1
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tbspn BP
1 1/4 C Flour
Mix.
BOWL 2
2 C All Bran
1 1/4 Skim Milk/Milk
Stand 5 mins
add to bowl 2
1/2 C Apple Sauce
1 Egg
Mix.
Add bowl 1 to bowl 2 and just mix.
Spoon into muffin trays.
Bake 20 mins at 200
You can add spices, dried fruits etc or even chopped apple, pears to this.

robbo777, Mar 27, 8:29am
Scones and pikelets always go down well with the blokes. Lots of loaf and cake recipes don't need creaming - they are melt the butter recipes.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:29am
Apple Crumble Slice
1 1/2c self raising flour,
1 1/2c coconut,
1/2c caster sugar,
185gm melted butter,
1 egg, 1 tsp cinnamon,
1 x 425gm can pie apple well drained.
In large bowl combine flour, coconut, sugar and cinnamon.
Mix in melted butter & egg.
Press half the mix into a lined slice pan.
Cover the base with apple.
Crumble remaining mix over top.
Bake @ 180°C for 35-40mins until golden.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:29am
Cheese Muffins/Puffs
2 eggs
water
1 C Grated Cheese
1 C veggies (I use corn onion with tomato on top)
pinch Salt
2 C Flour
3 tspn BP
1/4 - 1/2 tspn Cayenne Pepper if wished
Break eggs into 1 measuring Cupthen fill with water to make 1 cup, then add another 1 C water. Mix.
Add veggies and cheese then mix.
Stir in salt, flour, cayenne pepper, BP until just mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins.
20 mins approx at 180.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:30am
COCONUT LOAF
In a bowl mix together
1.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp bp,
1.5 cups coconut,
1 cup sugar,
1.5 cups milk,
2 tsp vanilla essence.
Bake at 160-180 deg C for an hour or so.
You can add the juice and zest of a couple of lemons with or with out sultanas too.
Devine!!
And yip, no eggs and no butter in this one!!

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:31am
Ginger Loaf
50g Butter
3 Tspn Golden Syrup
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Boiling Water
1 Egg
2 tspn Ginger
1/4 tspn BS
1/2 tspn BP
1 C Flour
Place butter, sugar, golden syrup and boiling water in a bowl and stir until melted.
Add egg and whisk briskly (I let it cool down a bit first!)
Add dry and mix.
Place in loaf tin.
30 mins approx at 180
If you love ginger, add some chopped crystallized ginger.
Great with chopped apple and or sultanas also.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:32am
LEMON COONUT SLICE – 1 cup flour, 2 tsp BP, 1 cup coconut, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 - 3/4 cup melted butter. Mix dry ingred, add melted butter and stir till 'clumpy', push into sponge roll tin. Cook 15 mins 180oC till nice and golden brown. Cool, ice with lemon icing - that's it!!!

courtney2004, Mar 27, 8:33am
WOW WOW WOW thanks so much! I just love the TMMB for reason of giving and giving and giving. Its made my night I am going to make all of these recipes over the next 4 days. I am so looking forward to getting a new mixer in the coming week or so but in the mean time I can do all of these recipes and still look like a pro! I will enjoy baking these and while doing so I will be thinking of the wonderful people on here who have given their time to give them to me.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:33am
Easiest Chocolate Cake-No Beating, No Eggs This chocolate cake is moist, cheap and easy to make. Great for large families. 3 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 6 tabs cocoa, 1tspn salt, 2 tspns Baking Soda, 1 tspn Vanilla, 3/4 cup Oil, 2 tabs Vinegar, 2 cups water. Mix all ingredients together and bake in oven tray or similar dish at 180 for approx 30mins. Ingredients sound weird but it is absolutely brilliant, very tasty and moist, my 10 year old makes it

robbo777, Mar 27, 8:33am
Banana Cake

2 1/2 cups flour
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda dissolved in 2/3 cup milk
¾ cup melted butter
3 mashed bananas
2 eggs

Put ingredients together, lastly eggs and melted butter. Beat all 2 minutes (just normal stirring with your hand - can just do it gently. I'm never that careful with the 2 mins bit). Bake ¾ - 1 hour 180oC.

I have always made this in a ring tin and it comes out lovely and high and moist. Not sure how it will turn out in other types of tins.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:34am
Feijoa loaf/cake
6-8 large feijoas 50g/2oz butter
1 cup boiling water 1 beaten egg
2 Cup flour 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon Baking Powder

Boil feijoas, water and butter for 5+ mins. Cool.
Carefully stir in sifted dry ingredients and beaten egg.
Cook for 45-60 mins at 180c
Sultanas (boil with feijoas), walnuts can also be added.
Ice if you wish, ice with lemon icing
Rub soft butter into icing sugar till it looks crumbly. Add lemon juice (zest too if wished) Beat for 5-10 mins with electric beater. Ice. Zest can be added on top.

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:35am
glad to help:) Enjoy!I have gotten most of those posted from here also:)

lx4000, Mar 27, 8:36am
Scones
These are dead easy and fail proof! Got the recipe off here (sorry cant remember who posted it),
Melt 50g butter in a 2cup jug. Whisk in 1 egg. Make up to 2 cups with milk. Add to 3 to 4 cups of self-raising flour and mix with a knife. Oven at 230oC for about 10 mins. Hope you enjoy them! Yummo!

bcnd, Mar 27, 8:37am
What about homemade chicken pies using prerolled puff pastry. Cut a sheet into four & lay out in oiled muffin pans. Cook your chicken breast in a pan with a bit of oil & curry powder. Cook a creme of chicken soup with half the water. Add chicken, then spoon in to the pastry. Twist the tops closed and bake for about 20mins til lovely & brown

jessie981, Mar 27, 8:53am
does this work ok without the vegetables?

jessie981, Mar 27, 8:56am

lx4000, Mar 27, 9:03am
I would think so, but you can use any veggies you like! Or try with mixed herbs or rosemary. I have never made them with out the veggies or with the herbs added. Let me know how they go!!

courtney2004, Mar 28, 8:14am
I am doing morning and afternoon teas for 4 days starting tomorrow I have no idea as to what to make but I don't have a mixer now since it flew off the bench in the Earthquake. I have to do baking for 10 people they are all guys so like their food! just don't want to cream butter by hand LOL! any idea on recipes please people.

courtney2004, Mar 28, 8:24am
I was even just thinking of a sweet loaf of some sort type yet I don't know! Scones is a good idea.

Its the mixing by hand I agree its a work out but iwth RSI in the wrists its a mission some days.