Olive Oil Pump Sprayers?

toadfish, Jul 17, 7:33pm
Mine has finally given up the ghost. I know you can buy them from stevens & Living and Giving, But has anyone brought a cheaper one and had success with it? Last time I paid $40 (years & years ago when they first came out) Has anyone seen them cheaper?

Not really a shopper but will pop down to Briscoes today... But I am interested to hear if anyone has had a Briscoes/Warehouse one and was it OK? Or is it a case of you get what you pay for and am I better to bite the bullet and get an expensive one?

Any advice/comments welcome. Thanks in advance JB

pickles7, Jul 17, 9:38pm
The very best, Oil Sprayer I have ended up with, is the one I bought at the supermarket you don't pump. I had bought so many, all trashed.
The one I got from the supermarket had a light oil in it and 5 years on its still working , I spray roast veg every week , sometimes twice a week.
I pour olive oil, it won't spray at all.

sultana0, Jul 18, 12:09am
I have a Mister Mista, half price at Briscoes ages ago.

lynja, Jul 18, 6:55pm
i had one which didnt work after a very short time. now just use a can of olive oil sprayfrom the supermarket

toadfish, Jul 18, 7:12pm
I wanted to get away from the Can of spray... just not very economical (or green. . not that I am very green... ) I have been using the cans of ricebran oil up until now.

I thought of those pump sprays pickles7 yesterday before I saw you post (must of had ESP), I use rice bran oil, after I finish the light Olive oil thats in it... I wonder if it will spray the ricebran ok... might give it a whirl... and if its too thick I could buy an extra light olive oil just to use in the sprayer... . Thanks for everyones ideas.

toadfish, Jul 18, 7:14pm
How is that one working... still going OK?

pickles7, Jul 18, 9:27pm
yep ESP . I am just plain boring at times. I have had fancy ones , they got clogged up with the heavier oils. Lighter oils must be better for us ? ? ? ?

katalin2, Jul 18, 9:37pm
I also have had several flash looking ones over the years- waste of money. For years now I use a little olive oil spray- plastic one from the supermarket that comes as olive oil spray- I just keep refilling it. Doesn't seem to clog up the same as the flash metal ones.

sultana0, Jul 19, 9:17am
My Mister Mister still goes fine, had it for a couple of years now and is in use alot. Depends on the oils but it still seems to mist (most of the time), I sort of do it for the greeney thing but sometimes flavour my oils and use them in it

nfh1, Jul 19, 9:19am
Stupid question coming up - do you wash them? Or just refill - I washed mine and i never worked properly again!

pickles7, Jul 19, 10:33am
I just refill mine. that could be the problem when i washed my pump ones. they do get grubbier, than the plastic spray ones though.

nfh1, Jul 19, 10:43am
I will get one of the spray ones and just refill it - thanks.

nauru, Jul 20, 12:06pm
I have a Lupi bottle and I use rice bran oil in it and it sprays OK, been using it for a couple of years now.

lilyfield, Nov 15, 10:03am
I had one given to me- it never ever worked.