Yeast for breadmaker WITHOUT canola oil ???

golfaholic2, May 3, 6:31am
Im horribly intolerant to canola oil ..I wont go into details lol .....

I cant find any yeast that doesnt contain canola , sure some have "vegetable oil" but when I did deeper , its that horrid stuff again .....

Has anyone come across any yeast that is canola free ??

lindylambchops1, May 3, 6:33am
Wow must read the labels...didn't know canola oil was in yeast.Try a local baker & get some fresh yeast.IHNI if that contains canola though, so check first.

lilyfield, May 3, 6:40am
check out packets at Gilmours. vacuum sealed squarepaper packets, distributed by Bakels-I think. Forgotten the name, but its on the shelf with other yeasts. it will keep in the deep freeze forever,and its also very cheap.

olwen, May 3, 6:40am
Looks like the yeast without the dough improvers doesn't have oil.http://www.edmondscooking.co.nz/_product_35585/Active_Yeast_150g

I think you would use a bit less.

golfaholic2, May 3, 8:21am
I'm sure we tried that yeast olwen ....it was shite to put it bluntly

If I can find out the yeast they use at countdown northwood ......their bread is pretty good , but Im dunno if it works well in breadmakers .....

olwen, May 3, 8:37am
If you use different yeast you may have to make other changes. "Breadmaker yeast" has additives to help the yeast work.You may need to learn how to make bread without them.Plenty of people make successful bread without.Countdown may use cake yeast.That is what we all used when I was a kid amd it requires very different techniques.

lythande1, May 4, 12:24am
Edmonds Yeast sachets has nothing but dried yeast. better than that mix stuff.

mt-deap, May 4, 6:14am
Have you thought about using sour dough, that uses natural yeast.However it does require keeping a starter culture in the fridge.I make the dough in the bread maker, but cook it in the oven x2 loaves at a time.Very tasty bread, not like the 'turbo fluff' you get in shops.

golfaholic2, May 4, 6:31am
Im horribly intolerant to canola oil .I wont go into details lol .

I cant find any yeast that doesnt contain canola , sure some have "vegetable oil" but when I did deeper , its that horrid stuff again .

Has anyone come across any yeast that is canola free !

lindylambchops1, May 4, 6:33am
Wow must read the labels.didn't know canola oil was in yeast.Try a local baker & get some fresh yeast.IHNI if that contains canola though, so check first.

olwen, May 4, 6:40am
Looks like the yeast without the dough improvers doesn't have oil.http://www.edmondscooking.co.nz/_product_35585/Active_Yeast_150g

I think you would use a bit less.

golfaholic2, May 4, 8:21am
I'm sure we tried that yeast olwen .it was shite to put it bluntly

If I can find out the yeast they use at countdown northwood .their bread is pretty good , but Im dunno if it works well in breadmakers .

mt-deap, May 5, 6:14am
Have you thought about using sour dough, that uses natural yeast.However it does require keeping a starter culture in the fridge.I make the dough in the bread maker, but cook it in the oven x2 loaves at a time.Very tasty bread, not like the 'turbo fluff' you get in shops.