There is no danger in using soy

Page 1 / 3
frances1266, Jul 12, 5:03am
Check out the article in The Guardian newspaper on July 1stregarding the scaremongering regarding soy. Years of research on using soy has produced no problems at all. Why put fear into parents of children who have been brought their children up on soy. I can rememberhearing that one of the leading New Zealand proponents ofof this movement was connected to the Dairy Board.
Weston Price was a dentist not a doctor and he recommended his family follow a vegan diet not the diet that the Weston Price Assnnow advocate.
Dont believe the rubbish that Buzzy & Uli obsessively bang on and on about on this board. Ask yourself whether you think a diet high in fat is healthy - there is heaps of research saying it contributes to high disease, kidney disease and cancer as well as a myriad of other health problems.

pickles7, Jul 12, 5:08am
well then, explain a virgin birth.

vintagekitty, Jul 12, 5:08am
of course, for every website proclaiming something is bad for you, there is another saying something quite different. Its all rubbish and belongs someplace else, rather than a recipe forum.

colb1, Jul 12, 5:10am
Hi frances1266 just read your response to my question on The China Study, scaring people isn't helpful! ! and agree with what you say, I don't believe a diet high in fat is good for you at all, look at all these obse kids getting around, 10-15 year olds, what are they going to look like by 20, how is their health going to be? answer dreadful, off the topic slightly.

kay141, Jul 12, 5:10am
I agree.

rog.e, Jul 12, 5:15am
Am I in trouble?

I have been eating soybean in various forms for the past 40 tears.

I doubt it!

V

vintagekitty, Jul 12, 5:16am
well according to uli in the other thread, it causes one to become gay? ? ? !

buzzy110, Jul 12, 5:16am
Those obese children got that way by eating carbohydrates, but please don't let a good theory get in the way of the facts.

buzzy110, Jul 12, 5:25am
Oh and by the way. I couldn't give a toss if you eat soy. It is your decision and your right. It is your health and well being. You are completely responsible for it and if you think it OK to eat, then that is all that matters.

It seems that even when I say this I am still criticised.

Also, I am honoured you find me so important.

buzzy110, Jul 12, 5:35am
Mmm. This from someone who is not exactly in very good condition. Don't you have a excema so bad you can't knead your own bread. And who is it who needs to have her screen set to the highest print and uses a magnifying glass to read? I can tell you it isn't me.

Tell me again how soybeans are so healthy for us.

vintagekitty, Jul 12, 5:38am
dont be rude buzzy, peoples health issues are nothing to do with you.

rog.e, Jul 12, 5:40am
rog. e wrote:

Am I in trouble?

I have been eating soybean in various forms for the past 40 tears.

I doubt it!

V

Oh.

V

nfh1, Jul 12, 5:43am
As soon as it gets personal the argument is lost.

gaspodetwd, Jul 12, 5:44am
I think if you choose to eat soy, that is fine - however it is getting hard to avoid. It is in nearly every bread. Keep soy out of 'normal' food - that way those who want to eat it can - and those of us who don't - don't have it forced on us. Hasn't anyone wondered why suddenly soy flour is in EVERY bread you buy? Why might this be?

elliehen, Jul 12, 5:45am
If buzzy110, in her own words, 'couldn't give a toss' about what people eat, why does she bang on and on and on about what SHE thinks they SHOULD eat? ?

No logic there at all...

rog.e, Jul 12, 5:46am
Geez that hurts me. Why attack me? ? ? ? ?

How dare you broadcast for mepersonal issues.

V

uli, Jul 12, 5:48am
Because it is cheap.

It is also not only in every bread - but also in every cold cut you buy at the delicatessen - if you read the fine print you will be astonished.

beaker59, Jul 12, 5:49am
Although have to agree with V

fisher, Jul 12, 5:50am
Another shite. . bun fight thread that deserves to be in health...
Has the penny not dropped yet buzzy. .
(Voted as I have the other Soy thread) simply not needed. . let folks decide for themselves. . and keep the preaching to health. .

beaker59, Jul 12, 5:51am
probably also because several HUGE corporations have invested huge sums of money in growing massive acreages of the stuff

nfh1, Jul 12, 5:51am
I think bringing people's medical conditions up is definitely not on - I don't care if someone says I am banging on or rambling or ranting but I certainly do not want medical conditions being brought up!

The two are completely different in my book - but of course you may think differently! !

uli, Jul 12, 5:52am
fisher - this thread was started by frances1266. Why not direct your criticism to her?

The soy thread was started by rachee - why are you not bullying her?

It gets a bit tedious if I keep getting "told off" if I post in threads that others have started.

beaker59, Jul 12, 5:53am
nhf you are deliberately misunderstanding me go away

nfh1, Jul 12, 5:54am
how mean of you - I am wiping the tears away! ! !

and you spelt my name wrong!

uli, Jul 12, 5:54am
Yep the Grain Growers Association is a huge corporation in America. They were the ones that won the discussion if it is carbs that make us fat or fat that makes us fat - their lobbying was better. The rest is history.