There is no danger in using soy

Page 3 / 3
jaky, Jul 31, 10:12am
Good point hence way I didn't want to get involved in the agruement.
These 3 did not have any heart related problems beforehand.
I personally am not a low fat health nut. My roasts are always cooked in dripping, I cook alot in olive oil, enjoy butter, drink low fat milk because I prefer the taste. Hence I repeat everything in moderation :)

marielize1, Jul 31, 7:37pm
Smiles, I actually enjoyed your post - you had to see this one coming
(-;
As a matter of fact I don't know anybody that had a heart attack, at least not well enough to know names and definately not diets!

But I do think it brings up a very interesting point that many researchers are noticing in meta studies. The data is so irregular that the numbers correlating fat with CHD is as useful as correlating it with hair colour! Sometimes you're lucky to get a scewed normal curve, sometimes not.

blt10, Jul 31, 9:51pm
How does soy milk make one Gay? !

ferita, Jul 31, 10:06pm
It doesnt,
some of the anti soy fanatics on here say it does. They are seriously deluded though.

marielize1, Jul 31, 10:26pm
The fact is that soy is very estrogenic (so it get used in menopause for upping estrogen) the theory is that it may impact on men's hormones. Lots of controvercy and research going on. My hubby avoids soy, certain plastics and certain detergents.

frances1266, Aug 1, 12:22am
Soy contains a weak form of estrogen that attaches itself to cells thus preventing the stronger, more dangerous forms of estrogen attaching to the cells. These more dangerous estrogenic compounds then destroy themselves. Prof Jane Plant, recently named British Scientist of the Year, has studied the use of soy extensively having lived in China and it was this knowledge that cured her of breast cancer.

frances1266, Aug 1, 12:36am
The dangers of the low carb diet are explained in the article linked below. The Director of the Weston Price Foundation died of a stroke at around 40 years, not a good recommendation for this diet.
http://www.vegsource.com/news/2009/11/reflections-on-the-wes
ton-a-price-foundation.html

beaker59, Aug 1, 12:38am
Rubbish Ferita no one has said it makes people Gay, what you love to twist is the fact Soy reduces Libido in men and is suspected of nearly destroying the libido of men who were fed it too much as infants and children.

You are the worst fanatic here what is your agenda I wonder?

sleepyjo65, Aug 1, 1:07am
While they might not have said soy makes people gay, this was stated:

"I have even heard of sons not being interested in girls later on ...
(after being fed soy in babyhood ... )"

Uli (560 )9:33 pm, Mon 12 Oct #5

sleepyjo65, Aug 1, 1:11am
In fact I use soy products - I will let you know if I turn gay or more than likely hubby will let you know as he enjoys these threads ;)

beaker59, Aug 1, 1:14am
So where does that say they turn gay I really get annoyed by the bitchiness in here these days. That is merely a different turn of phrase for reduced libido as has been proven in SOME studies. But some will attempt to spin the worst from any simple statement EH!

uli, Aug 1, 1:32am
beaker59 - is it even worth your time pointing this out?

It certainly is not worth my time any more. If someone WANTS to believe something they will.

Ferita, frances and the rest seem to love a good argument - why would they have bumped this thread up again otherwise?

You could bring any scientific evidence here (with links and all) - and they will simply call it "propaganda" as their cognitive dissonance will not let them see reality. Not my problem luckily - so why respond?

uli, Aug 1, 1:35am
P. S. :
Beaker in case you have the interest to read up on it - this is a great book on the subject:
http://www.bookdepository.co. uk/book/9781905177219/Mistakes-
Were-Made-but-Not-by-Me

ferita, Aug 1, 3:32am
My agenda is to stop the fanatics ruining good food for the rest of us with their blatant propaganda.

Get out the foil hats, the paranoia is setting in. Soya beans are going to kill us all ! ! ! YEAH RIGHT ... .

frances1266, Aug 1, 3:46am
Uli I think it is a bit rich saying some here including me love a good argument. You have poked your nose into every vegetarian thread on here for a long time in order to provoke arguments.
I recently read about a long term study of soy where they followed people who have had soy since they were babies. The research was carried out on those who have had soy for 30 - 40 years - the results showed they had no problems whatsoever from long term eating of soy.

ferita, Aug 1, 4:37am
There is nothing scientific about stating the following, it is just downright bizarre:

""I have even heard of sons not being interested in girls later on ...
(after being fed soy in babyhood ... )"

Uli (560 ) 9:33 pm, Mon 12 Oct #5"

Do you really think people are just going to sit around and read the bizarre illogical things you say without calling you out? ?

ferita, Aug 1, 4:39am
It could be taken both ways and until it is clarified the reader can only make assumptions and probabilities.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 1, 5:29am
But doesn't Uli say: "I have heard of" -(Looking at the passage you quote above) which doesn't mean she believes it, just that she has read it somewhere.

blt10, Aug 1, 5:47am
Perhaps you would like to check the thread outpost 5.

ferita, Aug 1, 7:15am
I was raised on soya milk as I was allergic to cows milk and would get hives if I drank it. Back then you could only get soya milk powder, it did not come in cartons.

I can assure you that my libido is fine, I have two healthy children (one who drinks soya milk every day) and your scare mongering is innacurate.

elliehen, Dec 16, 12:44pm
This is one of the latest brain-bypass buzz-words.

One person tries it out and then there's a nasty rash - cliches like 'cognitive dissonance' are contagious and a threat to logical thinking.