Hi cookessentials. i finally got around to making

Page 3 / 3
lala2, Jul 12, 9:57am
love the pumpkin loaves - thank you

calista, Jul 12, 11:28pm
OOps - though I had posted a YUM last night.

Cookessentials, they were wonderful. For some reason they cooked exactly to the time which I didn't expect - I alwaystest with a skewer as I'm more nervous of under, rather than over cooked.

Half a loaf to be eaten now, half to be frozen and the other loaf to be bartered with a friend in exchange for taking me to fill my gas bottle.

cookessentials, Jul 12, 11:30pm
Glad you like them. They are great to make when pumpkin is cheap because you can just pop them in the freezer.

rarogal, Jul 13, 2:45am
Still making them Pam, and my daughter makes 2 every weekend for them and hubby's lunches! !

cookessentials, Jul 13, 3:13am
Hi Linda, have not seen you here in ages! Do you still get the the Martinborough Fair?

wildflower, Jul 16, 11:34pm
My first two loaves in the oven as I type, smell very nice, they're making me hungry.

cookessentials, Jul 16, 11:44pm
Brilliant! let me know what you think.

griffo4, Jul 17, 1:03am
l just sent one home with my nephew he was rapt
he has been eating it while working here and when l told him it was a pumpkin loaf he couldn't believe it and he came back later and said is it pumpkin, he couldn't believe it and loved the taste
he munched it down everytime l put it out for him with is coffee
l have the other one in freezer for emergencies

wildflower, Jul 17, 3:53am
My father was like, "pumpkin in a loaf? ", then he was talking about putting jam on it lol and I said just eat it like that! We both liked it very much, I think I even convinced him it doesn't need Olivani cos it's moist enough.

I made the mistake of giving a little piece to each of my foxies though and they wouldn't leave me alone after that!

It was very nice though and so moist! I copied the recipe and took it out to my aunty after lunch so it'll become "Pam's famous pumpkin loaf".

cookessentials, Jul 17, 7:08am
LOL, well I am glad you like them.

wildflower, Nov 7, 4:41pm
I did substitute 1 cup of white flour for wholemeal though as white tends to make me feel heavy but I don't think it was enough to be noticable and they cooked in 1 hour 25 min so made no difference to that either.