Brianmac/cookessentials salmon quiche

cookessentials, Mar 24, 10:14pm
Thanks Maynard, yes that was it. I had some of it in my head but couldn't remember it all x

cookessentials, Dec 23, 8:05pm
Hi folks, does anyone have a copy of my salmon quiche recipe? The one with bacon sprinkled in the base. I am away from home and all my books are packed ready for our move. I can remember what is in it just not the amounts.

245sam, Dec 23, 8:21pm
This one Pam? From the former Trade Me Cooks.

"Salmon Quiche
PASTRY: 1 cup plain flour;pinch salt;90g butter;1 egg yolk;1 tbsp lemon juice. FILLING: 250g can red salmon (you can use pink)4 rashers bacon;1 1/2 cups cream;3 eggs;salt & pepper;1/2 tsp paprika;2 tbs chopped parsley;1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese ( I just use the galaxy stuff in the shaker). PASTRY: Sift flour and salt into bowl,rub in butter,till it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix to a firm dough with beaten egg yolk and lemon juice;add 1-2 tsp of cold water if necessary. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to a circle big enough to fit base and sides of a 23cm metal flan tin. Lift pastry gently over a rolling pin,lift into flan tin. ease pastry into sides of tin and press into grooves of tin with fingers. Handle gently so pastry does not break (if it does, you can easily press bits of pastry on - it works fine) Roll the rolling pin over the top of tin to cut off excess pastry. Refrigerate shell one hour. Meanwhile chop bacon and fry in non-stick pan till crispy. Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.Put flan tin on an oven tray. Drain salmon,reserve the liquid. Flake the salmin,removing bones etc. Arrange the salmon and bacon on the base of the flan. Beat together cream,eggs,salt,pepper,cheese,-
paprika,parley and reserved salmon liquid. Carefully opour this mixture over the back of a spoon into flan tin to cover salmon and bacon. Bake in mod hot oven (190) for 10 mins,then reduce heat to mod slow (160) and cook a further 30-35 mins or until filling has set. Its lovely warm or cold. I just serve a salad and some crusty bread on the side. posted by brianmac" :-))

maynard9, Nov 30, 1:44am
I have copied heaps of your recipes and would love to help you out (as you are always so helpful to others) but sadly not this one.
Hoping that the above one is it.

Merry Christmas tho

Hugs