SCONES

Page 2 / 2
cgvl, Jun 22, 10:15pm
Have you got a Food processor or magi mix if so: all your scone ingredients in except liquid, blend until like breadcrumbs. I add dates to mine once have breadcrumb stage and then pulse to chop dates.
Add liquid slowly until mix forms a ball but slightly dry. tip out onto a floured surface and roll out, do not pat or knead. cut into shapes and bake in top of oven at 220C for about 7 mins. watch closely so they don't burn.
I do my scones like this as otherwise they turn out like rocks and I mean rocks totally inedible.

pat56, Jun 25, 10:46pm
Isn't it amazing the completely different methods that work for each cook.

tinkagirl, Jun 26, 7:38am
My mother makes the best scones and she was taught by her mother. All you need it 3 cups of plain flour, 3 teaspoons of BP and approx 1 cup of very cold water (chilled or been sitting in ice). The colder the water the better. Just mix all together until just mixed, pat out to about 1 1/2 inches thick, cut into what ever shape you want and place on cold tray in a 200 degree oven. Takes 15 mins and they will be just lovely. I add a little bit of sugar.

horse30, Jun 27, 1:49am
my scones never fail, 6 cups flour, 7 teasppons b. powder, 4 teaspoons sugar, 100grms grated butter, enough milk and cold water to mix add whatever you going to I:E dates, sultanas, cheese, whatever, last throw some flour on yr bench and put out pat out cut or do a class so they round ones and throw in the oven, bake 180 to 200 till golden brown easy peasy... ... ... ... . . my daughter tries and fails every time I still cant work out what she does wrong ? ? ? ? lol or sorry and a pinch of salt

tinkagirl, Jun 27, 2:04am
opps I forgot to say butter

fruitluva2, Sep 11, 11:18am
I'm going to try several of these recipes, thanks for sharing. Will let you know of the results.