Looking for a 'WOW' dessert

Page 2 / 2
daleaway, Jun 15, 12:47am
One of the most WOW desserts (is that even English? ) that I have seen was a champagne jelly in a crystal bowl with fruit set in it in layers of different colours.
She must have made it in instalments. Looked fantastic.

My own fantastic offering is pink fruit salad, which I make in summer. Strawberries, raspberries, cherries, tinned guava, and watermelon chunks. Can add liqueur. Serve with pink meringues with pink cream. Yes, men eat it!

alebix, Jun 15, 1:14am
Tiramisu... sorry i dont have a recipe, I know its simple though. and it does have the WOW factor.

alleycat01, Jun 15, 2:23am
How about, Chocolate Chippy Log! ! !
2 pkts chocolate chippy Biscuits
1 pottle Cream (whipped)
Baileys or Kahlua (these can be watered down)or similar (or for non alchol us lemonade)
Quickly soak each biscuit in the liquid of your choice then wipe the whipped cream over them and put together in a log once finished cover with cream and decorate to your specs, i drizzle with melted chocolate or grated or a flake crumbled over works well also, Yummy!

chynna2, Jun 15, 11:15am
He got to tick off fruit (and vegie), bread, nuts, and dairy!

The teacher laughed when he handed it in, but they are going to make it this week LOL!

It had to be a healthy "snack"! His other recipe for homemade burgers was turned down because it wasn't deemed to be a "snack"! ! Go figure that one HAHA :-)

buzzy110, Jun 15, 9:29pm
chynna. That is so funny. Every time a see a recipe for banoffee I'll be thinking, oh that's just a snack and laugh like a drain.

I think I am going to have to spend more time with my new grandson teaching him to understand good nutrition before he goes to school.

I can't believe I'm going to have to do this all over again. When my children were preschoolers I spent many a pleasant hour teaching them to read and do arithmetic because I didn't trust the schools to do that job. Now I see I am going to have to do it all over again, PLUS teach nutrition as well.

I was right at the time because I became a parent helper and quite a subversive one at that. They asked me not to come in the end because I'd zero in on the children who couldn't get this reading lark and quietly teach them phonetically. Those kids all learnt to read well while the kids without my help still floundered, and the teacher hated that.

pamellie, Jun 16, 3:37am
Nothing beats a good cheesecake. Not too expensive to make and a little goes a long way.

ogden, Jun 16, 3:56am
Pavlova Hmmmmm

uli, Jun 16, 5:40am
beebs - tell us what you did make in the end please :)
thanks ...

thuntzster, Aug 14, 11:15am
Pamellie, what is your favourite cheesecake recipe?