Those famous fabulous Dunedin Cheese Rolls

Page 5 / 5
melford, Sep 3, 9:58am
To make them into perfect rolls cut off the crusts and then roll the plain bread with a rolling pin, then butter the outside and fill the inside.

bucjo, Sep 4, 7:55am
nooo... the crust is the best part! my boyfriends nana makes them by doing the above but rolls them really tight so they're just wee rolls. i remember a place in merdian mall used to make giant cheeserolls with bread cut long ways. just had some cheeserolls last weekend in invers, my sister had bought some for some fundraiser.

iamriff, Sep 5, 10:20am
warning These darn things are habit forming! I like them with the crusts cut off and flattened out with rolling pin... I have found that the butter sticks to the board I am making them on, so I brush them with melted butter after rolling. cheers

moetus, Sep 5, 11:54am
cheese rolls I remember the little hut coffee bar in Dunedin in the Seventies were the place to go for the cheese rolls . I can taste them , that taste will never go away. maureen.

guest, Jun 3, 10:18am
I worked at Stewarts Coffee house downstairs in the octagen..We made great cheese rolls!!!!

guest, Jun 3, 10:22am
we did the onion/cheese and water version..dont forget to cut off two crusts for easier rolling and top with butter after cooking..yes serve hot..