Over Sandwiches, buns, rolls for lunch, idea's?

corgi731, Jan 29, 12:48am
With no access to a microwave or even a boiling jug, i'm fast running out of ideas for my partner to take for lunch and/or tea... He has put up with my sandwiches/filled rolls for years and is over bread (i don't blame him, my poor darling). Open to any ideas....Thanks

nanasee1, Jan 29, 1:00am
Bacon & Egg pie, quiche/slice, Cornish Pasties at a quick thought.

motorbo, Jan 29, 1:39am
thermos get one with a wide top, then you can pop in leftover dinner, e.g. mashed potatoes with the corned beef and vege on top, soups, stews, etc

pp11, Jan 29, 3:10am
Vietnamese rice paper rolls, frittata (nice cold), savoury muffins, scrolls, scones, uuummmm.. pastries.

crsdbl, Jan 29, 3:51am
pasta, potato or roast vege salads.

nzlingerie, Jan 29, 4:14am
you make your partner's lunch?That's so so cute!Been reading great ideas so far.How about wraps, pasta salad, sushi, rice salad, fruit, yogurt, bagel with bacon/ tomato/lettuce, or bagel with salmon cream/ cheese/avo

lee6688, Jan 29, 10:04am
Those large rice crackers instead of bread are quite nice.I too am sick of bread.

seniorbones, Jan 29, 10:18am
zuchinni slice with a salad, I make one every weekend and hubby takes a peice for lunch..maybe I should change to sandwiches for a change, he also sometimes takes leftover casserole veges curries etc so its not always the slice, and he does have access to a microwave which is helpful

corgi731, Jan 29, 7:32pm
Yay, wonderful ideas, i'm going to put some to the test on monday.... If i didn't make his lunch, he'd easily spend $20 - $30 a day on food....Thanks everyone

lythande1, Jan 29, 10:43pm
I think the point wasn't the home made lunches, it was the fact you do it instead of he making his own.

darlingmole, Jan 29, 11:28pm
Home made muffins (sweet or savoury), how about tortilla's with salad, sauce and meat?I know it's kind of like a sandwich but a bit more flash.Rice Salad (have Toadfishes brown rice recipe which is a real winner if you want it), scotch eggs?

corgi731, Jan 29, 11:33pm
I'm happy to make his lunches, he works 10-13 hrs a day to provide for his family...

buzzy110, Jan 30, 12:43am
That is so refreshing. May you both lead a long and happy life TOGETHER because you both deserve much happiness.

t.gypsy, Jan 30, 12:48am
i'd be the same too. I think its about time some women learns to appreciate the work and effort the good guys put in to providing for the home..

the arsehole guys can just go to hell. Not the good ones ;) which makes me a smart woman.

seniorbones, Jan 30, 3:51am
and if hes anything like mine its easy for me to make than clean up his mess!!I have cooked roast beef for dinner and have added extra veges so easy to put in a dish for his lunch. I eat so little these days too there is always left overs for him to take. Made the most devine chocolate mud cake for morning tea visitors he can take it all to work and the boys eat it too, saves me from eating it!

lythande1, Mar 10, 6:57am
Sigh. I work. Husband doesn't. Funny, I'm still making my own lunches......and dinner, and the housework.