Home made bread rolls for lunch

helenandjohn, Sep 17, 11:59pm
I've got a batch of home made bread rolls in the oven - they'll be ready in 5 minutes and they smell soooooooo good. Can't wait to have one ... or maybe two for lunch

chef1964, Sep 18, 12:09am
helen and john ??? cross party relationships ?? good to see you finally together :) what about getting Rodney and maybe tariana tgether

helenandjohn, Sep 18, 1:51am
very clever - I didn't think of that one!

Pity that the 'John' whose name is the second part of my trademe ID is no longer in my life and I am stuck with an obsolete name!

elliehen, Sep 18, 7:17am
Eat your heart out then, John-wherever-you-are ;)Home-made bread rolls....

littlememories, Sep 19, 7:46am
ohhh can you share how to make home made bread rolls.I could do with learning how to make bread without my bread maker.If I make the bread maker bread I eat far too much and its not helping my waiste line!

helenandjohn, Sep 22, 5:15am
I have to admit that I make the dough in the breadmaker and then bake the rolls in the overn

helenandjohn, Sep 26, 12:11am
this week's rolls are about to come out of the oven. They smell divine!

donnabeth, Sep 26, 9:59pm
The smell of home made bread rolls and soup brings me right back to school days and walking home after Saturday netball; frozen to the bone. I can still 'see' numb fingers trying to unbutton a gym frock, untie long laces on black gymboots and peel off 'liquorice legs'

My face tingled and fingers burned as sensation returned to them and a hot plate of soup and hot roll timed just right out of the oven was waiting to warm me from the inside out.

I did the same for my kids and guess what? My daughter also makes bread rolls and soup. There will always be a place for comfort food.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 10:39pm
I love home made bread too. Made a beautiful loaf yesterday using FRESH yeast and the difference in smell and taste is quite noticable. The whole house yesterday smelled of ginger spice loaf and fresh bread.

helenandjohn, Sep 26, 11:42pm
yummmmmmmm

elliehen, Sep 27, 12:50am
"Familiar Quotations" by John Bartlett, under Matthew Henry (1662-1714), "Commentaries (1708-1710) states: "Here is bread, which strengthens man's heart, and therefore called the staff of life. Ib. Psalm 104."

This is worth repeating :)

marlin9, Sep 27, 7:56am
I made Parmesen cheese and Sundried Tomato bread hyesteday - yummy.The recipes from Alison Holst inAussie Women's Weekly are to die for - the Money bread is great, made the beer braid as well and friend done the grain loaf.

bunny51, Sep 27, 8:51am
I got the book with the recipes in that are in th emagazine, (Wasn't goingto as i have somewhere the original bread book she did but he recipes were so yummy I had to get the book for the other recipes that are in it.

helenandjohn, Oct 2, 11:04pm
This week's batch of bread rolls is almost ready. They smell great!

lizab, May 3, 4:54pm
we're docking atm, so I made 3 doz bread rolls yesterday!! I brushed them with beaten egg and topped with grated cheese :)