COOKING CLASS 101.

Page 19 / 20
project10, Mar 14, 2:52am
Learned this as a total beginner cook Golden chops or sausages:-sausages or chops as required, boiled and skinned.Sausages can be cut into small pieces if liked.
Mix together 2 dssp flour, 2 dssp vinegar, 2 dssp brown sugar, 2 dssp tomato sauce, 1/2 dssp curry pdr, 2 cups cold water, salt, grated carrot.
Chop onion, add to sausages.Pover mixture, Cook approx 1 hour a325 or till mix thickens.
great winter warmer

project10, Mar 14, 3:02am
Good easy pikelet mix Sift :- 1 cup flour, 2 tsp cream of tarter, 1 tsp BP.Make well in centre add 3 tbsp sugar, 1 egg1/2 cup milk.Beat together.DO NOT STIR AGAIN.Cut spoonfuls out and drop them onto hot greased frypan or whatever.

project10, Mar 14, 3:31am
Pikelets without eggs 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1tbsp custard pdr, 1 tbsp syrup, 2 tsp Baking Powder, milk.Mix dry ingredients, add remainder mixing well.Drop spoonfulls onto hot plate.Turn when bubbles appear on top.

project10, Mar 14, 3:38am
Easy gravy( also vegetarian.) Chop 1 onion andadd to 1 tbsp oil in pot with 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.Thicken with flour and add water to required thickeness Remove from heat and add soy sauce to taste.This keeps well in the fridge and reheats well.

valentino, Mar 15, 12:17am
TM told me that the reason that this was removed because of having a website in it, load of rubbish. I know what was in there and if it is disturbing to some, I like to know why! There is quite a number of various contacts given for variuos reasons and usually nothing to do with self promotion,but mainly to be helpful but this was not in this post, in others perhaps by different ones but nothing in this post. Once again, one felt being cheated upon in this post and I do not like this one bit. Cheers.

nainmary, Mar 15, 8:14am
Re Yeast drink I have just read ! about I remember having it as a child and loved it, don't think I would now though.I think we used to put a teaspoon of active yeast in a large glass then add a teaspoon of sugar 3/4 fill glass with warm water, give it a stir and leave till morning and drink it before breakfast. Wonderful thread wish I had read it earlier but will from now on. Hope it keeps going.

nainmary, Mar 16, 8:11am
kiwiscrapper1 Bumping for you

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 16, 8:41am
thanks nainmary it sounds like the drink we used to have too.

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 16, 8:44am
oh and forgot to mention there were so many comments about the edmonds book, I have an older one and I used to make the dominion steamed pud with either jam or golden syrup at the bottom, also the rice pud is the best, delicous pikelet recipe, curried eggs, and afghans, louise cake, tomatoe sauce and relish is delicous too. havent made these for a while I always seem to be on a diet! but I'm still fat so I might start making them again.

valentino, Mar 19, 4:02am
Bumping for priestley1 Re hint on fudge cooking

brianmac, Mar 24, 9:30pm
Bump great ideas everyone, please remember we need SIMPLE recipes and a few basics please.

cookessentials, Mar 27, 6:22pm
bumping for post #16 someone wanting the sponge cake recipe.

jenna68, Mar 28, 7:46pm
ww. ww

cookessentials, Apr 2, 8:15am
bump. .

lime_kiwi, Apr 2, 9:49pm
brianmac - one hour bread with the rolls and all this talk of a warm place - would it be ok to use the oven set low as a warm place! I'm in Dunedin in a coldish house and definitely a cold kitchen. If ok to use oven - would it be at about 100 degrees! Thanks! Would love to try this with some crockpot soup (I love Kings Soup mix - theres a nice basic & add heaps of veges and often some plain lentils or plain soup mix lentil stuff from bulk bins. Into crockpot and the house smells lovely all day - just like mums!)

doree36, Apr 2, 9:59pm
cooling racks
when you take your cake out of the oven and turn it onto your cooling rack place another rack( or if you havnet got one a large plate will do) on top(which will be the bottom of your cake. hold both racks to-gether and flip over - your cake is now up the right way

doree36, Apr 2, 10:05pm
no more sticking tins When you remove your cake or muffins or anything you have baked in a tin stand it on top ofa wet tea towel for about 10 minutes. Just turns out - just give your muffins a little twist - out they come -no problems

cookessentials, Apr 2, 10:12pm
absolutely #169 I used to do that quite often when i did not have an airing cupboard -I just had it low,then switched it off -it works perfectly well.

cookessentials, Apr 2, 10:13pm
a tip - do not let cakes sit in a non stick pan after they come out of the oven - 5 mins is fine, but letting them cool in the tin breaks down the coating on the pan and the cake mixture "eats" into it.

jenna68, Apr 3, 9:46pm
ee. ee

jenna68, Apr 5, 8:14pm
BUMPITY bump :o)

valentino, Apr 6, 8:49am
For dkpop, bumping. Cheers.

valentino, Apr 10, 6:11am
Bumping for tpequines Post number 139

jenna68, Apr 12, 8:10pm
Bumping :o)

cookessentials, Apr 13, 6:38am
bump someone wanting the French fried onion rings