Biscuits & Slices

Page 37 / 37
valentino, Feb 14, 1:03am
2nd bit. final part. To make the icing; combine icing sugar, passionfruit pulp, butter & water in a bowl to form a smooth paste. Stand the bowl in pan of simmering water, stirring until the icing is smooth and glossy. Remove the pan from heat but leave the bowl of icing to stand in the warm water while icing the biscuits. Using a flat-bladed knife, spread each biscuit with 1/2 tsp of icing. Leave the biscuits to stand for 15 minutes to set then drizzle or pipe a decorative pattern on top with the melted white choc. Special Note: Overheating icing will make it dull 7 grainy. Try to work as quick as possible & dip the knife into hot water occasionally to give the icing a smooth finish.

kumerakid, Feb 16, 9:29pm
bumping so can have a proper look next week and copy some recipes down

pewinkle, Feb 17, 1:30am
Caremal Slice Any 0ne no how to make carmel slice

clair4, Feb 17, 5:13am
'Hello Rosie' Slice is just so decadent but so scrumptious.
100g butter, melted, 250g malt biscuits, crushed 2 cups good walnut pieces chopped roughly and lightly toasted, 1-1/2 cups dark choc. buttons chopped, 1 cup sultanas, 3 cups long thread coconut, 500g sweetned condensed milk.
Mix together the butter and biscuit crumbs and press into a 20x30cm slice tin, greased and lined with baking paper.
Mix together the remaining ingredientgs and foughly press over base.
Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 30 mins or until browned.Don't overcook.The finished product should be slightly moist and sticky.If the slice starts to brown too quickly during the cooking time, cover with baking paper until the time is up.Cut when cold.Enjoy

clair4, Feb 17, 5:15am
Sorry about the spelling mistakes.I should have checked before posting.

thewog, Feb 17, 10:15pm
Wow guys some amazing recipes love it :0)

cookessentials, Feb 20, 1:55am
up thank you! this is handy whwn alot of my books are packed away and I want my dream bars recipe!

jenna68, Feb 21, 5:29pm
BUMPITY bump!

brianmac, Feb 21, 9:58pm
Jen92 at present have another username here called cookessentials because i could not fit our whole name in! We should be up and running in 6 weeks or so,just getting product together. Going to the Auckland gift fair next weekend for a few days. We will have some product under our other username -just go to member profiles and put in cookessentials and you can read our profile -we are a retail "shop" but online.

brianmac, Feb 21, 10:01pm
I decided to start this business as I love cooking and opening a retail store was quite a big and expensive undertaking. I love the idea of millys kitchen,but they are very expensive -I wanted something similar,but more affordable. Hoping to have tips and recipes as well as products to sell. Everything from baking tins,gadgets,aprons,tea-towels-
,mixing bowls -you name it, it's endless really! will add more as we get further along and will also get into home-wares as well.

melisk, Apr 20, 11:01am

smileeah, Apr 24, 7:54am
Boysenberry Brownie
http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Boysenberry-Chocolate-Brownie
I made this for the family and it was a HUGE success. Everyone LOVED it. I only had 2 eggs so I substituted 1T golden syrup for the missing egg. It's the first time I've made it so not sure how much difference the golden syrup made but I can recommend the addition of it. The syrup was not that popular really though. I'm not a huge huge fan of boysenberries so next time I make this I am going to try it with raspberries I think. Or maybe dried apricots and white chocolate pieces. Mmmmmmm
Edited to add: mine didn't look anything like the picture but it tasted good.

carl-van-essen, Jun 28, 10:42am
My all time favourite is chocolate chip cookies.
http://www.kiwiwise.co.nz/recipe/choc-chip-biscuits
I melt the butter in the microwave before creaming it with the sugar. Quick, easy and so delicious.