Unbaked slices....

Page 1 / 7
kiwigirlsteph, May 18, 5:19am
bump can't lose this one

nanof5, May 24, 3:50am
Bumping... . . ... ... ... ... ...

jenna68, May 26, 6:44pm
pam. . thanks for the tip on cranberries etc, have to say, this is my husbands fav slice and I make it different every time depending on what I have in the 'dried' dept lol - he loves them all, cranberries included so another big thanks from me for such a versatile slice! :o)

gr8stuf4me, May 26, 8:32pm
Bump for me... lol - think I'm just going to have to try some of these yummies.

gr8stuf4me, May 26, 8:42pm
Cookessentials Hi, could you please post your recipe for the unbaked ginger walnut slice, I cant seem to find it anywhere, Ive tried the message boards and trade me cooks. It sounds delicious and Id really like to try it. Thanks :-)

gr8stuf4me, May 31, 10:20pm
Bumpity bump... On page 4 - if I dont bump it up we'll lose it, and then somebody will want it. So bumpity bump...

fletch37, Jun 1, 1:54am
bump... ...

maggie62, Jun 2, 6:22am
Citrus Slice Citrus Slice
2 Pkts of Sweet biscuits crushed
Grated zest and juice of half a orange and lemon
1 1/2 cups of Coconut
1/2 tin condensed milk
225 to 250gms of melted butter
1/2 cup chopped apricots
mix well and press into a lined slice tin and refrigerate till firm

Topping
3 cups f icing sugar
the other half of zest and juice of the lemon and orange
and butter melted with a little hot water to make a spreadable constituency
I zest over the top with the skin of lemon and orange this is yummy
Refrigerate to set and slice and serve

jenna68, Jun 6, 8:40pm
Mmmm maggie. . that sounds yum, I have made most of the slices in here and they are all awesome! ! ! :o)

nanof5, Jun 9, 5:14am
Bumping... . ... ... ... ... . .

nanof5, Jun 25, 12:39am
Bumping... . . ... . .

twinsforus, Jun 26, 7:43am
bump ... . .

nanof5, Jul 8, 10:37pm
Saved... ... . fromlast page!

loulou12, Jul 11, 9:32am
Can't lose this thread

nanof5, Jul 16, 4:15am
x1
Any good recipes for unbaked slices that don't have coconut in them?

pam.delilah, Jul 16, 4:24am
x1
Fudge Slice

500g wine biscuits, 1 egg, 1c sugar, 2T cocoa, 2t vanilla essence, 250g butter. Break biscuits into pieces. Place beaten egg, cocoa, sugar and butter into sauce pan and stir over low heat until thoroughly hot - do not boil. Stir in biscuits and vanilla. Press into shallow buttered tin. Allow to cool and ice with chocolate icing.

pam.delilah, Jul 16, 4:25am
Apricot fudge
Crush 1pkt of wine biscuits. Add 1c chopped apricots. Melt 125g butter, 90g sugar, 1/2 tin condensed milk on low heat. Watch closely. Mix into biscuit mixture. Press into flat tin. .

245sam, Jul 16, 4:27am
there's no coconut in or on this one, and it's easy to make, yummy to eat and freezes well too. APRICOT FUDGE CAKE. 115g butter, 85g brown sugar, 1/2 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk, 1 x 250g packet wine biscuits (crushed), 1/2 cup firmly packed, chopped dried apricots, caster sugar. Heat the butter, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk just until the butter melts. Remove from the heat and add the biscuits and the apricots. Mix well, then press the mixture into a greased and base-lined 19cm square tin. Allow to set for a few minutes, then sprinkle the top with caster sugar. Set in the refrigerator, then cut into fingers.

nanof5, Jul 16, 4:31am
Thankyou Thankyou for the above recipes - will print them off and try soon.

pam.delilah, Jul 16, 4:40am
Licorice allsort slice
• 125g butter, chopped
• 160ml (2/3 cup) sweetened condensed milk
• 1 tbs golden syrup
• 1 x 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits crushed
• 1 x 375g pkt licorice allsorts, coarsely chopped
• 200g dark cooking chocolate, chopped

Combine the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the biscuits, and licorice allsorts and stir until just combined. Press the mixture into the base of greased slice tin and set aside for 30 minutes to set.
Melt the chocolate and spread over the slice in the pan. Place in the fridge to set. Cut into squares to serve.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 16, 5:03am
x1
This one from Julie Le Clerc ROCKY ROAD SLICE »
125g butter, cubed;
100g dark chocolate, well chopped;
1 tbsp golden syrup ;
1 egg, lightly beaten;
½ cup caster sugar;
¼ cup cocoa powder;
¹/³ cup chopped almonds;
¹/³ cup chocolate bits;
250g packet wine biscuits, broken into small pieces;
1 cup mini marshmallows;
Method -

1. Line a 17cm x 27cm slice tin with nonstick baking paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.

2. Place butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl and microwave to melt. Stir to combine, then whisk in egg, sugar and cocoa.

3. Stir in the almonds, chocolate bits, broken biscuits and marshmallows. Transfer mixture to prepared tin and, using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the tin.

4. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into small squares using a hot knife. Store in an airtight container in the fridge

nanof5, Jul 18, 3:22am
Thanks jenna... . . just popped in to bump it up but you beat me to it! !

trev106, Jul 18, 4:50am
yummy... think ill be busy trying some of these out this week :)

nauru, Jul 19, 4:18am
Bumping to keep alive

fruitluva2, Jul 20, 10:53pm
bump ... .