kimkat1, May 24, 7:41am
bumping back to top yummmy

valentino, May 30, 7:58am
P4... Holiday Weekend... .

cookessentials, Jun 2, 7:16am
to front page again .

indy95, Jun 5, 1:48am
Sweet Cherry Slice
Grease a slice pan and put a sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry in base. Bake blind at 200C for 15 minutes. Spread the following on top: 75g butter creamed with 1/4c castor sugar, beat in 2 eggs and a few drops of vanilla. Fold in 3/4c ground almonds and 1/2c SR flour followed by a 425g can of very well drained pitted cherries. Bake at 180C approx 30-35 mins. Dust with icing sugar to serve.

indy95, Jun 5, 1:51am
Sweet Cherry Slice Again
Ooops, forgot to say very nice with flaked almonds scattered over top before baking.

gr8stuf4me, Jun 7, 6:19am
mmmmBump Bumpsy daisy mmm

guitarman525, Jun 8, 10:35am
Thanx Heaps Just a note to say I have just read this from start to finish and copied allthe ones that appealed... The range is just amazing!
Many thanx to all the awesome folk who have posted their yummy recipes here!

ange164, Jun 18, 6:22am
OAT BISCUITS (Edmonds Illustrated cook book 1998) Delicately flavored with honey and cinnamon, I throw in half a cup of raisens too. INGREDIANTS: 125 g butter
1/2 C sugar
2 T honey
1 C flour
1 level t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1 & 1/2 C rolled oats
1/2 C raisens or currents optional. METHOD:Cream butter sugar and honey till pale. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon

together. Add all drys to the mix and mix well. Roll Tablespoons of mixture into

balls. Place on a oven tray. Flatten with a floured fork to around 5 ml thick, a

bake at 180*C (160*c fanbake) for ten mins or until golden. Makes 30 small

ones. (I'm not one for fussing with rolling balls of biscuit if I dont have to, I roll

the mix into a log and chill for an hour then slice off 5ml thick slices to make the

biscuits. I find I get even thickness biccies and more biscuits for my mix that

way too. )

pr1ncesswst, Jun 20, 8:16am
... . . bump

spandow, Jun 20, 8:42am
chewy chocolate chunk slice This is delicious! I made it the other day and everyone raved about.
1c sifted self raising flour, 1/2c desiccated coconut 1/2 c brown sugar, 1 tin condensed milk, 2 T cocoa, 125g melted butter, 200g chocolate- mix of dark, white, milk-whatever you prefer and 100g mixed nuts i like almonds and macadamia's. Preheat oven to 180C, mix together flour, sugar, condensed milk, butter, coconut and cocoa until smooth, pour into lined slice tin or a 22cm square tin. Roughly chop nuts and chocolate press chocolate into base and nuts on top. Bake approx 25-30 mins. Cool completely in tin do not remove while hot or warm as this will break.

summer8, Jun 21, 6:38am
BUMPPPPPP i need to cut and paste better get to work! ! lol

fruitluva2, Jun 28, 1:12am
last page whoa

tigg1, Jun 28, 7:54am
hi does anyone have yummy mint slice recipe?

jenna68, Jul 3, 1:02am
bumping for . . tigg's ques

rkcroft, Jul 3, 5:27am
Easy Peppermint Slice 2 packets of malt biscuits, 1 tin condensed milk, 185gm butter, 250gm block of Peppermint Chocolate, 185gm choc bits or plain dark chocolate chopped up, 30gm butter (extra). Crush biscuits. Place into large bowl. Melt together condensed milk, butter & peppermint chocolate in a saucepan over low heat until smooth. Add mix to the crushed biscuits and mix well. Press into a lined 20x30cm baking tin. Melt the dark choc bits & butter together in the microwave. Stir until smooth & spread over base. Chill in fridge till set. Nb: can be difficult to cut when fully set. Try cutting up after only a couple of hours of being in fridge, then pop back in to firm up completely.

rkcroft, Jul 3, 5:31am
Peppermint Slice Base: 185gm butter, 1 1/2c self raising flour, 1 c coconut, 1/2c brown sugar. Filling: 250gm icing sugar, 1 1/2T milk, 1 tsp peppermint essence, 45gm kremelta. Base: melt butter & add to dry ingredients. Press into a lined 28x20cm slice pan & bake @ 200°C for about 20mins. Filling: Mix together icing sugar, milk & essence. Melt kremelta & pour into icing sugar mix. Mix well & spread over hot base. Allow to cool completely then either ice with a chocolate icing or drizzle melted chocolate over the top.

brianmac, Jul 7, 9:55am
Post all your yummy recipes here.
ALMOND BISCUITS:1 egg white;1/2 tsp runny honey;1-2 drops almond essence;250g ground almonds;3/4 cup caster sugar;1 egg white extra;1 cup icing sugar approx;60g flaked almonds. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form, fold in honey and almond essence. Combine ground almonds and sugar cont... . .

brianmac, Jul 7, 9:58am
add egg white mixture Cover & let stand 12 hours or overnight. Beay extra egg white until firm peaks form, add half the egg white to almond mixture. Roll tsp full of mix into small balls. Roll in sifted icing sugar. Place on greased oven trays and flatten slightly with the base of a glass. Brush tops with remaining beaten egg white. Press a few almond flakes on top. Bake mod slow oven about 20 mins. Makes about 30.

brianmac, Jul 7, 10:05am
Monte Carlos 185g butter;1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed;1 egg;1 tsp vanilla;1 1/4 cups s. r flour;3/4 cup plain flour;1/2 cup coconut;raspberry jam. FILLING:60g butter;3/4 cup icing sugar;1/2 tsp vanilla;2 tsp milk. Cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut, mix well. cont...

brianmac, Jul 7, 10:09am
Roll tsp fulls into balls, shape into ovals and place onto lightly greased oven trays, rough up surface with back of a fork. Bake in mod oven 10-15 mins or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Put a tsp of jamand a tsp of prepared filling in centre of half the biscuits. . Top with remaining halves, press together lightly. FILLING:Cream butter and sifted icing sugar till light & fluffy, add vanilla and gradually add milk, beat well. Makes about 25 complete biscuits.

brianmac, Jul 8, 3:17am
Meusli Slice 1/2 cup untoasted meusli;1/2 cup s. r flour;1/4 cup rolled oats;1/4 cup coconut;125g dried apricots;1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed;185g butter;2 tbsp golden syrup;2 eggs. Mix meusli, sifted flour, oats, coconut, chopped apricots and sugar in a bowl. Melt butter & golden syrup over low heat, pour into meusli mixture. Spread into lightly greased 28x18cm lamington tin. Cook mod oven for 30 mins. Cool in tin before slicing.

mumofanangel, Jul 8, 9:29am
great idea brianmac makes life alot easier having designated threads. I have heaps but they are all stolen from here lol. and I didn't save the original poster to acknowledge.

brianmac, Jul 8, 7:53pm
well, I dont see that it matters you can just acknowledge that it was posted here originally by someone else. If it helps everyone I think its great.

brianmac, Jul 9, 5:50am
Honey Oat Bars 1 cup rolled oats;1 cup sultanas;1/2 cup wholemeal s. r flour;1/2 cup raw sugar;1/2 cup coconut;155g butter;1 tbsp runny honey. Combine oats, sultanas, sifted flor, sugar, coconut in bowl. Melt butter, add honey, mix into dry ingredients until mix clings together. Press evenly over base of 28x18cm lamington tin. Bake in mod oven 15-20 mins or until golden. Cut into bars while hot. Remove from tin when cold.