Good Fish and Chips in Auckland please.

taurus2005, Jun 5, 2:07am
Just so hard to find.

birrah, Jun 6, 2:26am
If you live in south auckland i can thoroughly recommended the golden hutt which is at the interesection of the motorways at Takanini, really lovely. Cheers

purplegoanna, Jun 6, 3:41am
is that in where the fruit shop is or was? we like the one on massey road in mangere, its a wet fish shop too... . . the fish pot cafe used to be good but last time there fish and service sucked!

sherralynne, Jun 6, 4:01am
Best Fish and Chips in Auckland, can be bought on Waiheke Island in Oneroa :-), delightful little shop and the freshest fish.

cutezie, Jun 6, 4:35am
The fish and chip Shop at the Royal Oak round about won the best fish and chip shop . Divine.

findit1, Jun 6, 5:14am
GRUMPY'S gt sth road papakura... beautiful .
clean premises and clean oil...
can eat there as well. . along with the old fashioned 2pieces of bread and butter! .
well worth the trip

crails, Jun 6, 7:37am
TOBY'S it's just past DB Breweries, A Grade rating from the council, it's also a wet fish shop. The menu is small but what they do is done well.

tracyj, Jun 6, 9:18am
Ooh, thanks for that! Do you know the name by any chance?

morrello1, Jun 6, 8:56pm
M&Ms Takeaways in Te Atatu Peninsula is FAB & so cheap! They use snapper for the fish but just little bits(which is all you really need anyway) & it's like $2. 50 a piece - nothing like the places that charge $6! ! !

taurus2005, Jun 6, 9:19pm
Thanks everyone. We are in Point Chev and the only nice one close to us is in Ponsonby which costs a small fortune plus parking is a real pain. We still go there though as they are best around here. I will try the Royal Oak one which Cutzie has suggested. Why do people even bother to open a fish and chip shop if they cant cook or want to use cheap and nasty food. Customers just dont go back and they make sure friends and family know about them too.

morrello1, Jun 6, 10:18pm
Hey. If you're in Pt Chev I strongly recommend 'my' f&c shop in Te At North. Not far from Pt Chev at all. Get on North Western, off at Te At Pen then drive straight down Te At Rd, past Countdown, through roundabout, past shops, keep going, around little bend & the next lot of shops you see(dairy & f&c shop + mechanic over road) is it. Strongly reccommend! Great fish, great chips & fab wontons!

taurus2005, Jul 13, 4:18pm
x1
Thanks Morrello-just about go anywhere for my weekly fix. Whats the shop called?