Condensed milk salad dressing

Page 2 / 2
fruitbat, Dec 13, 4:56am
I love it. so Kiwiish! Along with Heinz Seriously Good Mayo.

skydancing, Dec 13, 5:52am
I really need to prrof read what I type. this going blind is not fun. the recipe includes vinegar not the weird word I typed lol

uli, Dec 15, 5:21am
If it is sweetened condensed milk then it will keep forever. You have already something like 50% sugar in that tin. If you add vinegar to it then it will last even longer.

However if you ever are going to be adventurous you could try a real French dressing which consists of olive oil, vinegar, fresh garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of soy sauce (optional).

Try it one day. it surely beats the sickly sweetness of sweetened condensed milk.

skydancing, Dec 15, 6:00am
Uli the one I make isn,t overly sweet . in fact the way I make it is quite tart but I do use other dressings. It all depends on the type of salad really. I have just purchased a bottle of Krafts Raspberry Viniagreette to try out but now I have to work out what it goes with lol. Any ideas?

korbo, Nov 20, 8:41am
My nana and my mum always added a whole egg, and I do to,. with the cond milk, and vinegar,and mustard. beat with egg beater and as above lasts for ages.
Egg smashed for sandwiches is not the same without cond dressing.
I guess the vinegar would kill any nastys of the egg