Roast Beef

bailey25, Feb 12, 6:39pm
Hi, so I can cook amazing roast lamb, pork and chicken but for some reason my roast beef is never quite right. I have a beautiful bolar roast (homekill) that I want to cook up this week, either by slow cooker or roasting. Please give me your tips, clues and ideas, thanks so much. I do have a meat thermometer too if that helps, a friend bought it for me solely for when I cook beef but I haven't as yet used it.

bailey25, Feb 12, 7:41pm
Its okay, I did a search and found a previous thread, I can't wait to cook it now!

petal1955, Feb 12, 7:46pm
Bolar blade is excellent done in an oven bag.or the slow cooker.I tend to put a powder sachet of a beef mix in shake to coat the meat and when it cook edand you open the oven bag you have this delicious gravy. Ive cooked this in the past and its tender enough to be passed off as a beef fillet

bailey25, Feb 12, 9:29pm
Thanks so much petal1955, fingers and toes crossed it comes out great!

ferrit47, Mar 21, 10:00pm
We have a Webber BBQ & we cook roasts on it & comes out really nice. Takes about 2 hours.

articferrit, Mar 22, 1:51am
I cook bolar roasts in an oven bag too. Rub it with mustard, pepper and salt, squirt of soy sauce and a little bit of water.

timturtle, Mar 22, 5:28am
What do you mean by a powder sachet of beef mix ? Thanks

petal1955, Mar 22, 5:36am
etal1955 wrote:
Bolar blade is excellent done in an oven bag.or the slow cooker.I tend to put a powder sachet of a beef mix in shake to coat the meat and when it cook edand you open the oven bag you have this delicious gravy. Ive cooked this in the past and its tender enough to be passed off as a beef fillet

What do you mean by a powder sachet of beef mix ? Thanks

Maggi Beef recipe bases either stroganoff or bourguignon.these are a dry mixture as oppossed to ones that are liquid.Hope that makes sense

timturtle, Mar 22, 6:44am
Thanks yes do you normally do it in an oven bag in the slower cooker ? Thanks

petal1955, Mar 23, 11:35pm
Yes I do because when you split the bag open all the lovely gravy is in the bag. Its so tender and yummy

timturtle, Mar 23, 11:51pm
Thanks I’ll have to get some oven bags this arvo I’ve got all the rest

timturtle, Mar 26, 4:51am
Turned out great I used the stroganoff dry rub and at the end thicken the gravy with sour cream Too easy and was fantastic and no wash up A real winner thank you

petal1955, Oct 11, 12:14pm
timturtle wrote:
Turned out great I used the stroganoff dry rub and at the end thicken the gravy with sour cream Too easy and was fantastic and no wash up A real winner thank you[/quot

Thats great and I bet the meat was as tender as?