Roast Beef in Slow Cooker

kiwibrit2, Apr 23, 12:31am
Anyone have a really good recipe for Roast Beef in a slow cooker, please?Is it worth it or is traditional roasting better?

taratoo, Apr 23, 1:23am
Slow cookers stew meat so if you want roast beef, it will need dry heat from an oven. Slow cook in the oven, will be moist.

meathead_timaru, Apr 23, 4:07am
I always do our roasts in the slow cooker/crock pot. You just don't add a lot of liquid - just a ¼ cup will more than suffice. I raise the meat (be it beef, pork or chicken or lamb) off the bottom on an inverted saucer. It's much nicer than oven cooked too. It also frees up the oven for making the perfect roast veges!

angie117, Apr 23, 6:28pm
I always do our roasts in the slow cooker, meat is always so tender. Much better than roasting in the oven. I dont add any liquid to mine, as plenty of juices will come out of the meat.

kiwibrit2, Apr 23, 7:00pm
Thanks everyone for their replies.I will try the slow cooker idea and see how it works - don't often cook a beef joint.

dezzie, Apr 23, 8:05pm
I've done it, but don't like it, to me a good roast has that layer of fat that goes all crispy on the outside on it, and slow cookers don't do that :(

earthangel4, Apr 23, 8:25pm
I always do my roasts in the slow cooker,then I put them in the oven just to brown them,beautiful,I put in with roast veges,just for a bit.

kiwibrit2, Apr 24, 12:31am
Anyone have a really good recipe for Roast Beef in a slow cooker, please!Is it worth it or is traditional roasting better!

ferrit47, Apr 24, 1:35am
I do Roasts of Beefs in Crockpot. Dont Need add any water as it cooks in its own juice. Spinkle Salt & Pepper over the meat Cook for about 7- 8 hours on low But first 2 on high.

meathead_timaru, Apr 24, 4:07am
I always do our roasts in the slow cooker/crock pot. You just don't add a lot of liquid - just a ¼ cup will more than suffice. I raise the meat (be it beef, pork or chicken or lamb) off the bottom on an inverted saucer. It's much nicer than oven cooked too. It also frees up the oven for making the perfect roast veges!

kiwibrit2, Apr 24, 7:00pm
Thanks everyone for their replies.I will try the slow cooker idea and see how it works - don't often cook a beef joint.

dezzie, Apr 24, 8:05pm
I've done it, but don't like it, to me a good roast has that layer of fat that goes all crispy on the outside on it, and slow cookers don't do that :(