TUESDAY 28 JULY 2015 FOOD DIARY

Page 2 / 2
rainrain1, Jul 31, 5:14am
Ta for the Rogan Josh recipe, I was going to ask for that and forgot. can't wait to make it

awoftam, Jul 31, 5:23am
Davidt4, where do you get your green cardamon pods from? Never seen these anywhere.

davidt4, Jul 31, 5:29am
I've been buying them lately from Yogi-ji in Carr Rd, Mt Roskill.

uli, Jul 31, 5:35am
Ahhh - the joys of Auckland!

We now have an "Asian" supermarket in town - they certainly have lots of stuff (however many are without the labels that they should be putting on so we non Asian speakers can read the ingreds) - but they are so helpful!

Even if they have to say in the end "sorry we do not speak (or read) Thai" .

wasala, Jul 31, 9:15pm
I once asked the Chinese mother of my child's school friend to take me around the Chinese supermarket and explain what everything was. She was thrilled to be of help and it was extremely interesting.

elsielaurie1, Jul 31, 9:21pm
Courtesy of MyFitnessPal. And I have maintained my loss weight of 30kgs for 4.5 years eating this way. varies for day to day.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Breakfast
Generic - Unsweet Tea, 8 oz
Pams (Nz) - Calci Smart Milk, 75 ml
Edmonds - Natural Wheat Germ, 15 g
Flemings (Nz) - Uncle Tobys Rolled Oats (Dry, Unprepared), 50 g
Meadowfresh Live Lite Yoghurt - Vanilla Bean, 50 g
Red Seal - Blackstrap Molasses, 15 ml

Lunch
Sealord Tunalite In Springwater - Sundried Tomato and Basil, 42.5 g
Country Goodness (Nz - Cottage Cheese Original, 25 g
Cucumber - Raw With Peel, 40 g
Watties - Beetroot Sliced, 40 g 3
Fourseed Farmhouse Loaf - Toast Sliced, 60 g
Dole - Baby Banana, 81 g
Griffin's (Nz) - Krispie Biscuit, 2 krispie. 17g
Nz - Persimmon, 100 g

Dinner
Continental - Surprise Garden Peas, 13 g (1/4 cup)
Generic - Brocilli, 0.5 cup cooked
French's - Mustard - Original Dijon, 1 tsp (5g)
Pams - Creamed Clover Honey, 15 g
Butter - Salted, 5 g(s)
Fresh Raw - Pumpkin, 30 gm
Vegtable - Cauliflower, 30 g
Parsnips - Raw, 30 g(s)
Raw - Any - Carrots, 30 g
Generic - Boneless Chicken Thigh, 120 gram
Generic - Swede, 40 g

Snacks
Melrose - Double Strength Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, 15 ml
Cinderella - California Pitted Prunes, 50 g
Sanitarium - San Bran, 15 g
Griffin's (Nz) - Krispie Biscuit, 2 krispie. 17g
Pams - Creamed Clover Honey, 20 g
Fruit - Paw Paw, 80 g
Meadow Fresh (Nz) - Live Lite Vanilla Bean Yoghurt, 75 g

wasala, Jul 31, 10:22pm
Wow - that's very precise but I guess you know those portions by looking now, instead of having to weigh things. Well done keeping 30kgs off. It's never easy!

wendalls, Aug 1, 6:25am
Well done Elsie Laurie. I have started slacking off my low carb diet and know the grams will be adding up soon. Keeping off the bread but the potato chips will soon pile it on! It's my husband who buys them and then i open them.
Thanks davidt4 I will certainly be trying your rogan josh recipe and the pumpkin and cabbage as my trusted TRADEME celebrity chef!

samanya, Aug 1, 6:47am
Good on you.
She would have been delighted to help you, I'm sure. & isn't it great that you helped her to feel more 'at home'.
We have a lot to thank the Chinese/Asian folk who have given up a lot in deciding that they want to call NZ home. Because of their input into our society, we now have access to so many different (& delicious) foods/condiments than we have ever had.

samanya, Aug 1, 7:10am
adding . I find Asian people & their style of cooking so helpful & we can/have learned so much from them as to different healthy style of cooking.
& then we get others who come from another culture(for a better quality of life) & tell us we are so wrong!

wasala, Jan 28, 5:13pm
Her English wasn't that great and there were a few 'descriptions' that were downright funny, but it didn't matter, and by and large I understood her. At the end of the day we were just two mothers, wanting to feed our families well, and it certainly did change the way that I shop for food!