Can you freeze wraps?

rebecca18, Oct 9, 12:20am
I imagine someone can help me. Thank you.

daarhn, Oct 9, 1:21am
Yup. I bulk buy wraps and proper pita wraps when delivered fresh. The lot goes into the freezer. Packet comes out every few days. My local Indian grocer has 3 bags of big pita wraps for 5 bucks. There is 6 wraps each bag. Bargain!

I'm assuming no fillings?

yjeva, Oct 9, 1:26am
Unfilled, definitely.

rebecca18, Oct 10, 2:36am
Many thanks. I'm assuming able separate easily so that only one can be removed at a time?

daarhn, Oct 10, 2:41am
if you're not using whole packet wraps then separate before you freeze. To save space, roll first in cling wrap and store like logs. They defrost fast.

rebecca18, Oct 10, 2:52am
Thanks daarhn : ^)

antoniab, Oct 10, 8:36pm
We make our using Paul Hollywoods recipe - super easy, then dry fry and freeze. Take them out as we need them :)

yjeva, Oct 10, 8:43pm
I was separating them with baking paper to freeze but have found that they take only minutes to thaw enough to separate them by sliding a sharp knife between without the bother of the paper. It does depend a bit on the brand though.

kirmag, Oct 10, 10:13pm
I put the pack in as is and pull out individual ones, easy to seperate without doing anything to them prior.

puzzler7, Sep 5, 1:20am
I've just started using normal sandwich-type wraps like tortilla wraps for quesadillas and they taste soooooo good when toasted in the frypan and filled with mashed black beans, corn, and cheese. yum!