Lets Play. 'Fill My Paella Pan'

Page 1 / 2
daarhn, Jan 3, 8:15am
Righto. Fellow Foodies, let's play 'Fill My Paella Pan'.

I've dug out my old Paella Pan, it is enormous, well seasoned (going in the box with me as it holds so many Delish memories over the years), it's enough to feed everyone here plus seconds.

Your task if you're in the kitchen with me, is to throw into the pan everything that you would want in a gorgeous delicious paella.

Doesn't matter if its just 1 ingredient or a whole recipe. we will take the best from everyone and create foodie magic.

The only catch is, each ingredient has to be from a country that is not ours. List the ingredient and country when you post. Does not matter if we double up that just means the paella will be more exotic. Recipes can be random.

Ok aprons on, wine has been poured (don't worry, in my kitchen the wine cellar is constantly full, your glass will never run dry).

Let's Plaaaay 'Fill My Paella Pan'!

smallwoods, Jan 3, 8:17am
Prawns - Aussie

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:19am
Saffron. from when it was first cultivated in Greece. (The history of saffron is exquisite!)

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:19am
what size and from what state?

biggles45, Jan 3, 8:20am
Black pudding - England

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:24am
pouring you another pint

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:28am
righto vodka shots ready. aaaaand go. (be warned there will be regular random shots)

biggles45, Jan 3, 8:31am
OK try English lobster.

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:32am
I'm calling Rick Stein!

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:42am
Bomba rice from Calasparra area. oh and it was always the fight to scrape the crusty rice on base (socarrat)

wendalls, Jan 3, 8:52am
Chorizo, Spain

daarhn, Jan 3, 8:55am
droool. fried chorizo. drool

buzzy110, Jan 4, 12:30am
Annatto/achiote - Mexico

uli, Jan 4, 12:52am
Basa fish from the Mekong delta

kay141, Jan 4, 1:53am
I presume you are joking as you have posted critical comments on this fish previously?

I stay away from paella these days. It is seldom made without chilli in the chorizo. But, if someone promises to have found a suitable chorizo for the dish, then yes, please.

asue, Jan 4, 3:03am
Potato (cubed) - Ireland

uli, Jan 4, 5:45am

uli, Jan 4, 5:51am
You want a chorizo without chilli?
What planet are YOU living on kay141?

Either you want chorizo or something called "sausage" made in NZ without chilli! YUCK!

kay141, Jan 4, 6:14am
Really? I can buy imported Spanish Chorizo with no chilli at OnTrays, much the same as I could get in Spain. Lots of paprika but no chilli. I can also get it at a Continental butcher who make their own.

biblia, Jan 4, 6:22am
Mexican chorizo, a fresh sausage, chilli. Spanish chorizo, smoked, cured, paprika. Completely different products. To add to the paella, red pepper, The New World.

daarhn, Jan 4, 6:40am
Looking and smells DELISH so far folks.

Olive oil. Andalucia-Spain

wendalls, Jan 4, 10:56am
Garlic from Ethiopia. Yeah, no fish from any polluted river mouths thanks.

kay141, Jan 4, 8:04pm
Clams from Otago Harbour and mussels from the Marlborough Sounds.

avoking, Jan 4, 8:23pm
oh, almost forgot sweet white spanish onion OP

rubyjane11, Jan 4, 9:44pm
sweet Nelson Bays scallops