Yikes Plum what i`ve made Jam, Sauce

pbranch, Mar 20, 1:09am
now what i have 10kgs to make into something ! if i bottle them what can i add to make it yummy ie i`ve made devine Brandy Apricotsany suggestion would be great ; thxs

geldof, Mar 20, 2:29am
plums and port!

245sam, Mar 20, 2:53am
pbranch, I suggest that you bottle your plums in a syrup then when wanting to serve them try this way - it's so easy but so delicious.

BRANDIED PLUMS
1 x 850g can plums, drained and the syrup reserved
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
2 whole cloves
2 tbsp brandy

Into a small saucepan place the reserved syrup, cinnamon and cloves.Simmer the spiced syrup for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, carefully halve and stone the plums, then place the plums into a serving dish.
After the 5 minutes simmering time, add the brandy to the syrup, then strain the hot syrup over the plums and refrigerate the Brandied Plums until cold.
A serving suggestion is to serve the plums in individual dishes, topped with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon - done this way, they will serve 4- 6.

Hope that helps.:-))

bounce16, Mar 20, 3:00am
You can always freeze them to make sauce or jam at a later date.

greerg, Mar 20, 5:57am
Had plums in Pinot noir while we were in Central Otago recently and they were delicious. I expect google could find a recipe. I would have tried these if our plum tree had made more or an effort.

nauru, Mar 20, 6:12am
Use a cherry brandy with the plums.They are yummy.I also made plum jam and added a little cherry brandy to the finished jam and it is very moreish.

pbranch, Mar 20, 8:38am
245sam that sound devine wonder if i make a syrup with those ingredients it would be more infused with those flavours am going to give it a go will keep you posted : once bottledi can do a Cobbler ,Tart ,cake etcwith it :) thxs

bounce 16- i don`t like frozen fruit unless its a Berry ,and have 20 jars of plum jam more than enough for a few years :)