Delmaine plum sauce

whiskey13, Feb 7, 11:51am
This is an oldie but a goodie thread I'll have to bump for the morning, another 10 days and we would have lost it.

m41, Feb 15, 10:22am
does any one have a recipe to or one as thick and simalar tasting please ??

m41, Feb 15, 10:22am
does any one have a recipe to or one as thick and simalar tasting please !

jessie981, Feb 15, 7:29pm
Unsure what Delmaine plums are. Recipe from Aunt Daisy
6lb dark plums
3 pts vinegar
2lb sugar
1tsp cayenne
6tsps salt
2tps gr cloves
2tsps gr ginger
1tsp pepper
1tsp gr mace
1oz garlic
Boil till pulp, strain & bottle when cold.

petal1955, Feb 15, 9:31pm
Delmaine is a brand..........

petal1955, Feb 15, 9:31pm
Delmaine is a brand.

margyr, Feb 15, 10:07pm
and the closest manufactured one in taste to the one my Mum used to make. Sadly I dont have her recipe but do miss her and her sauce, she used to make a plum and apple one also.

m41, Feb 17, 12:22am
shame it went with her margr they usually are the best ones :)
yes delmaine is a brand but the sauce it tart and sewwt just the right taste and thicker than most and not vineagry :)

margyr, Feb 17, 12:58am
I do have one of grandma's handwritten recipe books in the house somewhere, I have to go out for a few hours but will search it out and if she has a plum sauce recipe in it I will post it, as it probably is the same one Mum used to use.

margyr, Feb 17, 12:58am
I do have one of grandma's handwritten recipe books in the house somewhere, I have to go out for a few hours but will search it out and if she has a plum sauce recipe in it I will post it, as it probably is the same one Mum used to use.

greerg, Feb 17, 1:48am
My grandmother's was 2.8 kgs plum, 230 grms onions, 6 dspns salt, 1.4 kgs sugar, 1.8 litres vinegar, 2 teasp ginger, 28 grms cloves, 1 teasp pepper: Boil together for about 1½ - 2 hours.Mouli, allow to become completely cold then bottle.I have been using Delmaine because I am out until the Omega plums come in.They are similar but I think this one is better.

greerg, Mar 31, 11:06am
My grandmother's was 2.8 kgs plum, 230 grms onions, 6 dspns salt, 1.4 kgs sugar, 1.8 litres vinegar, 2 teasp ginger, 28 grms cloves, 1 teasp pepper: Boil together for about 1½ - 2 hours.Mouli, allow to become completely cold then bottle.I have been using Delmaine because I am out until the Omega plums come in.They are similar but I think this one is better.