Bottling plum sauce

jogalong, Feb 15, 12:08am
can I bottle the sauce cold,I had to leave my place and switch off the sauce and it has cooled but is cooked.

jogalong, Feb 15, 1:57am
I have found the answer on a google recipe.

john946, Feb 15, 8:22am
x1
I'm interested to know! Can you bottle sauce cold!

cookiebarrel, Feb 15, 8:50am
Bumping as also curious

lindylambchops1, Feb 15, 9:00am
did you have to reheat it!

duckmoon, Feb 15, 9:36am
What did you do.

I would bring to the boil again, and then bottle!

cgvl, Feb 15, 9:57am
I bottle it hot too, need to use a funnel though and into hot bottles.

joybells2, Feb 16, 7:56am
You will probably have done it all now but I freeze plum sauce in little plastic containers, then just get out as much as you want.

auburn4, Feb 16, 10:12am
Yes, you can bottle plum sauce cold. The recipe I use specifically says to let it cool.

cookiebarrel, Feb 17, 4:39am
auburn4, can we please have your recipe and does it keep well out of the fridge!

jag5, Feb 17, 9:03am
You can bottle any sauce cold.relish too.

katherine_cron, Feb 18, 12:10am
x1
How do you get the bottles to seal if you are doing it cold! or do you then do the hot bath!

jag5, Feb 18, 1:23am
You don't need to worry about them sealing.the vinegar does the preserving.it really only is preserves like fruit etc without vinegar that need to be hot sealed.to keep the air out to stop perishing.

fiddles3, Feb 18, 2:53am
How interesting! I alway thought they had to be hot!

samsnan, Feb 18, 3:15am
I have done it both ways hot and cold. Not much difference really except it was a lot thicker when it cooled. I have even used screw top wine bottles.

jag5, Feb 18, 4:03am
Me too.if we have a drink anywhere with a screw top.I take them home, delabel them and they become part of my stash for sauce.good for recycling.lol

Have done pickled onions today.pop them in a jar pour over the vinegar warmed enough to melt the honey.pop on the lid.easy.

guest, Jan 11, 5:38am
Never would have thunk I would find this so ineilpensabsd.

guest, Jan 13, 12:49pm
wives who chat / Hi there, i just wanted to drop you a line to say that i thrlhugooy enjoyed this detailed post of yours, I have subscribed to your RSS feeds and have skimmed a few of your posts before but this one really stood out for me. I know that I am just a stranger to you but I figured you might appreciate the appreciation Take care and keep blogging.

guest, Jan 14, 7:44pm
anti static sheet / There a few fscninatiag points in time in this post but I don know if I see these center to heart. There may be some validity but I'll take hold opinion until I explore it further. Excellent article , thanks and then we want a lot more! Put into FeedBurner too