My Plum Sauce is runny?

anne1955, Feb 10, 6:10am
I can't seem to get my plum sauce to a nice thick stage ? What can I do please, please. Thanks I hope.

melcraig, Feb 10, 6:25am
Mine is always really runny too. Last time I made it, which was about a week ago, I took it upon myself to add some cornflour.

laspaz, Feb 10, 6:27am
Reduce it further?

brucechef, Feb 10, 1:49pm
reducing tifurther ill change flavour simple addition is to add apples the pectin in the fruit is a natural thickener and will also add a slight sweetness i add a cinnamon quill and a star anise to balance flours aswell add two peeled apples per 500g and shuld make diffrence

whitehead., Feb 11, 3:32am
i would grate the apple skin in as most of the pektin is in the skin and if its grated you wont know its there

korbo, Feb 11, 7:41am
would it not thicken as time goes on. I am sure one year my tomato sauce seemed very runny, but after a few months it had thickened up

music_note, Feb 11, 9:30am
Simmer it longer, stirring often so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan - also, it will thicken more once cold. Maybe put a few tablespoons of the mix on a plate and into the freezer till cold - you'll see how thick it will be once it's cooled in your bottles, so know when it's cooked enough for your preference.

melcraig, Feb 11, 8:16pm
That is so interesting regarding the apples. I'm going to try that next time.

whitehead., Mar 2, 11:55pm
it depends on your lids pickle will evaparate in time.if your lids are not right please . for give spelling