Blackboy Peach Jam

nickyd, Mar 20, 9:47am
x1
Has anyone made this before?If so do you have a recipe?
I've made raspberry jam before in the past, but never tried Blackboy peach - would I need to add pectin or lemon juice to help with setting?
And do I need to remove skins first?
Any help much appreciated! Thanks

harrislucinda, Mar 20, 8:38pm
justmakeaspeachjamintherebookitisnicebutcutupfineyesmoveskinsfirst

shazza34, Mar 20, 10:34pm
x1
I use the recipie on the back of the jam set sachet 1.5 kg fruit don't have a pkt at the moment but think its 2kg sugarI didn't use lemon juice last time and it set fine. I leave the skins on and just skim them off the top of the pot and a few get in the jam but we just pick any big bits out can't be bothered taking them off too lazy lol I just halve or quarter the fruit depending on the size and take out stone.
Made 5 batches from our tree last year and have 6kg frozen from this year already have to cut up the rest today

korbo, Mar 20, 10:45pm
shazza, was the 1.5kg of fruit and 2kg of sugar, off the back of the old king set packet. the new hansells one is now 1.75g fruit and 1.1kg of sugar. I made peach jam yesterday,(ssee thread), and it is so sweet and hasnt set.
I had a feeling it was 1.5 to 2k of sugar. wonder if anyone has an old packet of kings that they can check.

katalin2, Mar 21, 4:20am
x3
I have been making black boy peach jam for years- always add some finely chopped rhubarb or tart apple to get a good set and some lemon juice. BB peaches make a lovely jam.

loulabelle69, Mar 21, 7:33am
I made some bb peach jam last week using the hansells jam set. I found it set my jam a bit too hard. I like homemade jam to be a bit runnier that store bought. Maybe half a packet next time? Will try it once I have some freed up jars!

nickyd, Mar 21, 9:47am
Has anyone made this before!If so do you have a recipe!
I've made raspberry jam before in the past, but never tried Blackboy peach - would I need to add pectin or lemon juice to help with setting!
And do I need to remove skins first!
Any help much appreciated! Thanks

shazza34, Mar 21, 10:34pm
I use the recipie on the back of the jam set sachet 1.5 kg fruit don't have a pkt at the moment but think its 2kg sugarI didn't use lemon juice last time and it set fine. I leave the skins on and just skim them off the top of the pot and a few get in the jam but we just pick any big bits out can't be bothered taking them off too lazy lol I just halve or quarter the fruit depending on the size and take out stone.
Made 5 batches from our tree last year and have 6kg frozen from this year already have to cut up the rest today

loulabelle69, Mar 22, 7:33am
I made some bb peach jam last week using the hansells jam set. I found it set my jam a bit too hard. I like homemade jam to be a bit runnier that store bought. Maybe half a packet next time! Will try it once I have some freed up jars!