Ginger and peach trifle help please

cassiusarmani, Dec 18, 8:14am
ok someone at work mentioned this at a xmas party once and i want to give it a go for christmas but dont have a recipe sounds easy but i dont no what to pour over the ginger cake and peaches......brandy??? what would be best?? do i still need a jelly as well?? if so what flavour? anyone got nice ideas

baalamb, Dec 18, 8:20am
Cant help with advice, but will be waiting with bated breath, as it sounds yum.....

harrislucinda, Dec 18, 8:47am
theone ontv1lastweekwithpeachessoundsnicegoing to makethat,hascustardandyogurtin withwhippedcream

cassiusarmani, Dec 18, 7:19pm
harrislucinda thats what im after did it have a ginger cake/sponge???

cassiusarmani, Dec 18, 7:20pm
did they just mix yogart with whip cream. what flavour yogart a peach one?

bunnyclan, Dec 18, 8:37pm
What about a wee drop of green ginger wine...mmm

cassiusarmani, Dec 18, 9:09pm
where would i get that?? im not a big drinker so have no clue

lilyfield, Dec 18, 10:03pm
a liquor shop springs to mind

harrislucinda, Dec 18, 10:05pm
itdoeshavespongecantrememberifgingerornot

harrislucinda, Dec 18, 10:06pm
yescustardandyogurtwasinwith thewhippedcreamshejustsaidsweetyogurt

cassiusarmani, Dec 18, 11:25pm
ok here goes just made a practise one for the boys yummy.
2 packs ginger kisses on the bottom then can of peaches, use ginger wine, then layer with custard then add the topping mixture which i made of whip cream marshmellows and dreamy lemon yogart folded together yummyyyyyyyy

buzzy110, Dec 18, 11:30pm
Supermarkets have it in the plonk section.

cgvl, Dec 19, 12:16am
I use sherry in trifles and also in marinades, usually have a bottle in the back of the pantry, that is if DH hasn't discovered it when I not looking lol

cassiusarmani, Dec 19, 1:37am
lol. man this is so yummy, going to be polished off tonight with all the boys over

tehenga288, Nov 17, 7:59am
Instead of ginger wine can add Buderim ginger syrup from the cordial section in the supermarket to the peach juice. This is good added to fruit juice drinks too or soda water.