I just brought a new mixer

Page 2 / 2
cybertech, Feb 18, 4:15am
I LOVE the mixer I liked that it had a stainless bowl too, my hubby is a diabetic so i'm trying to also find recipes that are good for him to eat, so I'm guessing it will be getting quite a bit of use,(havent taken it off the bench.)

donnabeth, Feb 18, 9:36pm
I bought a new Kenwood last year. I love it,Although smaller, lighter and quieter than the old Kenwood tank, it seems to mix everything just as well. I don't think the pavlovas are as big and fluffy though. I don't use the scraper blade because I have to adjust the fitting screw up or down to use it and I hate fiddling with settings. My friend bought a Breville, but we haven't done any comparisons.*edited to add that my friend gets fabulous results from wooden spoons and fingers, so it probably doesn't matter what brand she uses.

liamjosh, Feb 19, 3:15am
I have just about enough flybuys for both mixer and a whizz.Went and had a look at them this morning in town and definitely think am going to get this one. I like the ice-cream attachment too.I love making sorbet and ice-cream so think this will definitely be worth paying $90 on top of the machine.Am getting excited about getting them now (silly how one can be excited about new kitchen appliances) but am debating whether to get one now and the other in a couple of months with rest of points or whether to just wait and get both together.

cybertech, Feb 19, 6:33am
Well I must admit I was quite lucky, I went into briscoes to look at mixers and had recently seen the reviews for the Breville mixer. well when we got into Briscoes we saw that they were normally $419.00 retail, but they had the red one down to $239.00 I asked why is the red one so much cheaper. and the assistant said oh they're just deleting the colour so hence why so cheap. so really couldn't pass it up at that price. and I do say I like it. planning on doing some more baking tomorrow. liamjosh I would say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

liamjosh, Feb 20, 9:21pm
Well I went and picked my Breville mixer up today from Noel Leemings.It is unpacked and looking at me from the bench waiting to be used.There are some yummy looking recipes in the book provided, might try the double choc chip cookies and might even muster the confidence to try making a sponge this weekend, have never made one before.Another month and I should have enough fly buys for the food processor and then time to start re-saving points for a coffee machine for hubbies birthday in August.

cybertech, Feb 21, 1:41am
The cake I made didn't last long in my house.lol I see in the book it has a recipe for no fail sponge. I might try that one.years ago I used to make sponges from scratch until my ex brother in law told me if I kept making them I would be able to build our own house. guessing he didn't like it.LOL so keen on trying this fail free recipe, what colour did you get Liamjosh!my hubby said that my one must be fast because its red.lol

liamjosh, Feb 22, 5:57am
Haha, I just got the white one, they don't do the colours through flybuys but am happy with white as red wouldn't match the decor.Am going to try the sponge tomorrow and make those biscuits.Will be interesting to see if it turns out but if it is a fail I will blame the oven as I am sure the seals are not that flash.

weezil, Feb 22, 9:13pm
can anyone tell me is the Breville scraper noisy at all when its running!.my poor old kenwood is still on the go and makes a wee bit of noise but would dearly love to replace it.

cybertech, Feb 23, 12:28am
No it's not noisy at all, I was expecting it to be as we once owned a keywood mixer years ago.I am very impressed with the Breville.