Napier people - tomatoes

korbo, Feb 26, 9:09pm
absolute beautiful BIG firm ripe tomatoes pick your own down Meanee Rd at vegy shop. took me 10 mins to pick 6kg. best I have seen this year.

beaker59, Feb 26, 9:20pm
I just go out back door, I don't have to even step off the deck to get nice firm ripe tomatos with no sprays.Beef Steak too one slice per sandwich sized and not too watery.

gerry64, Feb 26, 9:43pm
wish I could Korbo - they are tasteless over here

korbo, Feb 26, 10:11pm
Yep also have some at my back door, but these ones are so so big.
yes gerry, agree with you on that one., another good reason for you to return.lol.

nfh1, Feb 26, 10:32pm
Which one Korbo, there are quite a few down there!

korbo, Feb 26, 11:17pm
the first one on the right coming from Taradale. dont think I can put name on here.sure they have a sign on roadside.
relish and soup on the boil now.mmmmm.smells like watties in my house.

nfh1, Feb 26, 11:25pm
I know - thank you, I will head over tomorrow.

clairen, Feb 27, 6:04am
How much a kg were the pick your own ones!I drove past today to check if they had them.Might go and get them tomorrow before any rain comes =)thank you

chris313, Feb 27, 7:10am
Have so many tomatoes right now. Have made and frozen tomato pasta sauce, tomato soup and peeledwhole tomatoes. Tonight hubby came in with yet another basket full. Mmmm, what to do. Tomato juice! Made about 1/2 a litre. Will go nice with a drop of vodka, dash of worcester sauce and a swizzle of celery. I did add a little tomato concentrate as the tomatoes seived out a dreary pinkish colour. B-)

korbo, Feb 27, 8:47am
#8, I think $1.50kg, didnt really ask or watch the scales.