Recipe for lasagna WITHOUT tomatoes anyone ?

homeschoolmum, Mar 2, 4:51am
Does anyone have a recipe for a lasagna type dish that does not have tomatoes in it please . Two of our family can no longer eat tomatoes and everyone is missing lasagna.Thanks in advance.

hokispca, Mar 2, 4:55am
http://www.tomatofree.co.uk/no-tomato-sauce-lasagne-285

Try this. I haven't, but it sounds good.

margyr, Mar 2, 4:58am
I have done a chicken one and a vege one without tomato just put the chicken or vege into a cheese sauce rather than a tomato one. You could experiment with a mince one, mince, onion, garlic, grated carrot, salt and pepper, paprika all fried together, I would cook lasagne pasta as the tomato as well as flavour has the juice to cook the pasta, do it in layers, mince mixture cover this with a layer of cheese sauce and then put pasta on, lay some silverbeet leaves, more cheese sauce, pasta, mince and so on. Really you can put as many vege as you like in the mince mixture, mushrooms, corn, mixed vege, etc.

ange164, Mar 2, 5:24am
I would put the mince and usual flavorings in a beef gravy instead of a tomato based sauce. Then layer as usual with pasta and cheese sauce.

wendalls, Mar 2, 5:28am
Use beef stock for flavour as well as onion, garlic etc

frances1266, Mar 2, 7:08am
There is a recipe for a mock tomato sauce called Mystical Sauce, you should find it via google.It is very good.I made it for someone once and put it on pizza.We didnt think you could tell the difference.Was made with carrots and beetroot I think or maybe pumpkin and beetroot plus a few other things.

homeschoolmum, Mar 2, 9:28am
Thank you for all the help I will try these ideas.

janes12, Mar 3, 12:39am
Did you try the recipe I posted in your last thread on this subject.Jan 2.!
We love it here. Mushroom lasagne.Also the hint is there about the Mystical sauce.

huntlygirl, Mar 3, 7:25am
I use pureed pumpkin instead of tomato based sauce.